And so this is Christmas ...

Wendy

And so this is Christmas ...

Post by Wendy »

I was just thinking about those of you who experience the extra heartbreak at Christmas of being separated from family and others because of shunning. Although we might empathise, many of us have no idea of the pain you have gone through and are still going through. I wanted to let you know that you are being thought of and remembered.
Faith Hopegood

Re: And so this is Christmas ...

Post by Faith Hopegood »

Thanks Wendy for your kind words of encouragement.

I concur with your comments and continue to pray for those who are still under the spell and shackles of Vic Hall that they might be free.

Whilst things on Streetcar may be a little quiet of recent times, I was encouraged during 2017 to hear about various families and people who have left the Christian Fellowship and its twisted controlling ways. There is a slow but steady stream (some of them long term attendees) who are moving on to better things.
Bagel

Post by Bagel »

That’s great to hear of more people leaving.

An important message is that IT IS OK TO LEAVE.

God is love, and love will find a way.

Bagel
robocop

Post by robocop »

Thank you Wendy for your very encouraging post - meant a lot to me...
eagles

Post by eagles »

Bagel, yup!

Common to all cults is the opposing view.

yes, indeed, IT IS OK TO LEAVE.

I would like to add another comment.

"Happy Christmas"

reinforced by a foreign language - Welsh (a Gaelic language) which is almost unpronounceable to an English-speaking person!

"Nadolig Lawen a blwyddyn Newydd da ich i"

I'm sure many of us speak more than one tongue!
Thanomere84

Post by Thanomere84 »

It was a lively Christmas for me... a busy Christmas too, being part of the organising team in my church and cellgroup alike. Though I will not deny - there's a void in my soul. My cousins and uncles were special to me... and not too long ago, I, to them too. Now, they are strangers to me, and I, a rebel and defiant sinner, to them. I do not know if God will bring them back to me - but perhaps, someday He will, in His infinite mercy, do so? Whether or not He will, does not matter. The exposure of Vic 'the Vicious Hall' Hall's evil deeds of tearing families apart just to further his power-crazed agenda, must continue. We will fight on. :)
eagles

Post by eagles »

My brother in Christ - which (of course you are), regardless, as He made you and me brothers, after all.

I am so sad how you have been damaged by the "fall-out", and wonder if it would be useful if we could agree on a time to share respect for each other, perhaps with prayer too, regularly.

Something that always seems missing from a shunning is the inbuilt need we have to communicate with each other, the ability to do so, ... you would know this as we both have experienced it. I am so fortunate that "they" all seem to have gathered me up as I explained elsewhere; I am one of the lucky ones, and you are still waiting... we and others have collectively lost years of our lives because of "wannabee gatekeepers", like the cherubim with flaming swords at the garden of Eden, haven't we?

I just saw your response to my post, days after you posted it. Sorry to have missed it, mate.

Decades ago I re-studied the details the "evangelicals" removed from what was considered to be the important bits of the church calendar, and revisiting it over the last few years, I realised that the way it was divided up was not boring, and that was really a gross generalisation... as I've heard it described, but it actually made sense both historically and theologically!

Would it be helpful perhaps if we maybe in different sized groups (?) might like spend quiet time together?

This is not a carefully sculptured post, but a handful of thoughts, resulting from wondering if this modus operandi would help one another - as the forum seems to have gone very quiet recently

Happy New Year 2018, friends.

Let us see if we can make a difference for each other in 2018

As we say in Wales,
Blwyddin Newydd Dda ich yn

eagles
Gillie

Post by Gillie »

It is impossible to adequately explain what I go through each Christmas, birthdays and other significant dates.

Reading articles on the practice of shunning helps to confirm to your mind that it is wrong and will always be wrong, despite the BCF doctrine that defends and explains such behaviour.

Justifying the practice of shunning by stating that individuals deserve such punishment because they have left the body of Christ, is morally wrong and offensive.

No matter how much we read and understand the phenomenon, nothing stops the heart and soul from hurting and grieving. It's the price we pay for love!

THE PRACTICE OF SHUNNING AND ITS CONSEQUENCES
Humans are most commonly considered to be social beings by nature. This makes an individual’s
social life critical in their mental well-being. In fact, an individual’s survival depends on having
strong long-lasting relationships, based on mutual trust. Taking into account the importance of
our social life, it would be obvious to state that when this is taken away, it can have harmful
effects on an Individuals’ mental wellbeing.

This need is often used by communities, their leaders to be more specific, to ensure that
everyone is obeying the same collective views. Failure to do so is often punished, by the person
being banished from the community. This phenomenon is often referred to as shunning or
ostracism. Essentially shunning is a form of social shame and humiliation.

More specifically, shunning or ostracising is a form of abuse. It is  discrimination and silent
bullying. Unfortunately, often people who have been shunned also face other forms of abuse,
ranging from death threats and physical assaults to murder.

Human history is rich in examples of ostracism being used within communities and institutions
to enforce conformity, punishment or control, or all the above, in order to ensure their identity
as a collective group. This means that there is no room for individual thinking or beliefs that go
against the collective beliefs or rules.

The phenomenon of shunning and ostracising has often been linked to cults. It is a tactic that is
used as a form of punishment for those who are perceived to have transgressed, questioned any
of the community’s beliefs or who do not share the same collectively held beliefs.

Shunning is often implemented by community leaders. They encourage families to also shun
their family members, including their children. Failure to do so implies a loss of honour within
the community and families who refuse are likely to be banished as a whole because they have
lost their honour within the community and the community as a whole feel that they had been
dishonoured.

Edited from an article by DR SAVIN BAPIR-TARDY
http://www.sedaa.org/2016/11/the-practi ... sequences/