Covenant Family

Spiritual or Earthy?? You be the judge.
Dante
Site Admin

Covenant Family

Post by Dante »

One of the most violent assaults on the redemptive work of Christ at Calvary is the assertion that children born to covenant house-holds (houses that completely capitulate to whatever nonsense streams directly from Burton Lane), are born with the divine nature. In fact, they receive the divine nature ''in the womb'. This is a destructive notion on so many levels..... not the least being the children indoctrinated with this from SonSeekers onward coming to an understanding that all of their friends are hell bound, but not they .... because they were lucky to be born to a believing family. What happened to 'no longer do I say that the father's ate sour grapes, and the children's teeth are set on edge, but each man will die for his own sin'!

We can rejoice in the unmerited favour of God, by all means..... but at least let it be through Christ's sacrifice, and our entry into His new Life, and not through the cosmic lottery of birth place!!!
surprisedbyjoy

Re: Covenant Family

Post by surprisedbyjoy »

Dante,

I think the one thing many are finding as we step back and look at our concerns for these uniquely strange and confronting RFI doctrines is that a measure of common sense should prevail. Jesus did include loving the Lord your God with our minds (Luke 10:27) and this little mind is just not able to swallow that one. So this doctrine is at best "mindless" and more likely as you have suggested as violent at its worst when we by common sense consider with our minds the implications to those sheep who may be inclined to wander by such doctrine if exposed to it by mindless shepherds. Surely the RFI originators of truth have at least considered the implications of what they are saying? Perhaps not?

My experience with testing the spirit of this type of "talk" whether it be RFI or any other is that it creates an untouchable elitism (first hand and third hand experience!). Even if the doctrine was true (which it's not), common sense would suggest it not become the latest flag on the ship to declare your elite and special position above 99.9% of the rest of the world. Didn't Jesus encourage us not to "think we are something". Doesn't history show that many have failed before us in grace and peace by adopting this approach (Pharisees etc). So perhaps we at least might be seeing the motivation behind it. Are discerning a deep insecurity or inverted pride coming from the top down? (This is a question for discussion for those who might have experienced or witnessed similar, not a criticism). In any case I agree with you that reasonable mature and fatherly discerning would at least suggest that this is a cruel thing to instil in our children from an early age and certainly does not equip them to the Great Commission. I believe sadly the fruit is evident, but I am confident that our Lord and Saviour has made a way to call us away from these beggarly things and into His glory of governance by mercy and loving-kindness. Praise God... let's keep praying that these principalities continue to be made a public spectacle (as it's seems they more frequently are in RFI) and are destroyed and we His followers of The Way find that unmerited favour, mercy and grace you mention. Thank you Jesus!
surprisedbyjoy

Post by surprisedbyjoy »

Deut 1:39 Moreover your little ones who you said would become a prey, and your sons who this day have no knowledge of good or evil, shall enter there, and I will give it to them and they shall possess it

Luke 18:15-16 And they were bringing even their babies to Him so that He would touch them, but when the disciples saw it, they began rebuking them. But Jesus called for them, saying, "Permit the children to come to Me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these"

I would welcome the opportunity to hear from an RFI originator of truth to explain why Jesus appears to be so double minded when the RFI doctrine is hopefully compared with the words of our Lord Jesus Christ?

Upon further reflection Dante, boldly proclaiming this doctrine really is sounding more like a violent assault on the little ones. I do wonder at times if these implications ever dawn on the RFI teachers and proclaimers. As you infer, I hope their RFI parents aren't so blinded to not be able to help them through. It must be a parental nightmare transitioning from Sunday to Monday morning, from RFI's complex version of divine nature to the realities of the playground and Jesus great love. A tricky concept for them to explain to their friends.

Thankyou Jesus that you understand these things and call us all in Your great love to Yourself.
eagles

Post by eagles »

Someone in the old streetcar forum (I think) described these teachings as "dangerous". A very appropriate adjective, as it creates as false sense of security in a "pack of lies".

It is really "another gospel" and that expression when extrapolated to its fullest means :
  • another God
  • another Christ
eagles
Wendy

Post by Wendy »

Is that really what is being taught now? Divine nature given in the womb if your family believes? Wow. It lines up with the catholic doctrines of the Immaculate Conception of Mary as the Mother of God, her continuing virginity and eventual ascension into heaven. God-like from the womb.

But then the messenger stuff is rather catholic too - infallible words of the Pope and for the BCFers - if it doesn't come from Pope Victor then it ain't the truth.
robocop

Post by robocop »

It must be a parental nightmare transitioning from Sunday to Monday morning, from RFI's complex version of divine nature to the realities of the playground and Jesus great love. A tricky concept for them to explain to their friends.
Well said - this is why this teaching is so dangerous - it instills a 'false doctrine' in the minds of those not fully able to make their own judgements, and trying to live in a world where they cannot see God's love manifested in/through others outside of BCF.
eagles

Post by eagles »

Wendy, there is an abbreviation used in chatrooms... "lol"... which means "laugh(ing) out loud" :)

I think you are spot on ma'am (assuming that you are a lady :D )

And Robo, well said
Paul Kovaks

Post by Paul Kovaks »

It's all based on 1 Cor 7:14
14For the unbelieving husband is sanctified through his believing wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but now they are holy.
To partly come to MCF/BCF's defence here, how else are we to interpret this verse?

In some sense, a parent's faith 'covers' the children until of age. MCF may have gone too far in their statements on this but the basic principle is Scriptural. No?

I agree, as usual, MCF/BCF have read WAY too much into it.
robocop

Post by robocop »

I agree, as usual, MCF/BCF have read WAY too much into it.
Yes......TWISTED SCRIPTURES.....
eagles

Post by eagles »

Paul and Robo, agreed.

You know I have never noticed any interpretation of that quite obscure (to me) verse.

I wonder what REAL teachings have come from that verse. When I feel a bit better I might go and look and see what searches may provide us with.

Paul, you are actually correct in your apologetic there!

eagles