Easter at Brisbane Christian Fellowship

Spiritual or Earthy?? You be the judge.
Faith Hopegood

Easter at Brisbane Christian Fellowship

Post by Faith Hopegood »

As Easter is now with us it is a good time to pause and consider things.

Apparently BCF (and presumably the rest of the Queensland fellowships and their congregation members) are descending upon Brisbane for the annual 4 day easter conference/elder worship indoctrination/ceremony. For me personally this the second time in less than six months where the Christian Fellowship has organised a formal event at a major holiday that effectively excludes the rest of non-cf family. They also organised Christmas Day 2017 as a local CF event rather than spend Christmas with the family.

Anyway, a couple of points. Easter is the primary time of year in the Christian church world wide were we see God redemptive salvation at work. Without Jesus suffering death and resurrection we do not have Christianity. The days of easter Friday and Sunday, in my opinion, are the primary days of the Christian calendar where we can take time to completely focus on Jesus and his week. Of course easter days may not be the exact actual days in our current calendar when the crucifixion occurred but nevertheless it gives Christians a series of days to focus on Jesus alone and His work.

I wish to contrast this focus on Jesus alone by the whole Christian church compared to what is happening and being taught at BCF Burton Lane, Samford this weekend. The focus at BCF this easter will not be on Jesus alone but rather the teachers will be focused on the: listening to the star messengers, the present word, submitting to the elders, listening to elders, hearing about gods (Vic's) administration on earth, how the cf has the true special version of the truth and is superior to all other christian churches, etc etc insert latest false/twisted teaching hear..

Let us not forget that occasionally in previous years when there was not a vic-worshipping easter convention, some of the local cf's have not actually held any service at all on Easter Friday and have even cancelled planned Friday services with little or no notice. These actions speaks heaps about where the actual focus of the Christian fellowship is.

I can nearly guarantee you that the focus on the teachings at Samford Swamp this weekend will not be solely focused on magnificent work of Jesus and the salvation redemption story.

Instead Vic will be refocusing the minions on putting the importance of self-appointed men as demi-gods ahead of the direct worship of Christ.

At Easter, the story is all about Jesus Christ, God's redemptive plan, Jesus life, Jesus suffering and death, His wonderful resurrection and how he has thus given us access to God directly and eternal life.
Blessings to All and I hope that you are all well.
robocop

Re: Easter at Brisbane Christian Fellowship

Post by robocop »

Thank you Faith for reminding us of the "hollowness" of the teachings at BCF, and how they effectively alienate the families from their loved ones, at this important time of the Christian calendar.
I recall the many "Easter Conventions" held at Chandler, where we had to spend the whole four days driving backward and forward to the Sports Centre there as part of our duty. Would have covered hundreds of kilometres during the four days. Absolutely exhausted at the end of it, then had to return to work on the Tuesday.
You certainly weren't able to organize your own Easter holidays, as it would soon be spread around that you were absent from such an important event.
Faith Hopegood

Post by Faith Hopegood »

Thanks for the trip down Memory Lane Robocop.

Who can forget being so povo that we struggled to pay for the fuel for all the travel to Chandler, were totally exhausted after the "Easter Break" and were robbed of time with our families. I remember life just flashing by me in numb exhaustion as I missed by children growing up because we were so focussed on obedience to the elders program.
Ceorl

Post by Ceorl »

You mean you did not enjoy sitting there for hours on end listeneing to them prattle on...... and on.....and on....:-)