How unique is BCF/MCF's brand of cultishness (especially the last 25 Vic Hall years)?

Spiritual or Earthy?? You be the judge.
Wendy

Re: How unique is BCF/MCF's brand of cultishness (especially the last 25 Vic Hall years)?

Post by Wendy »

Hi Bagel yes he really did! I can't remember what we did instead but someone must have pulled something out of a hat and we carried on rewardless as one does ... Rallying to the cause and the show must go on, old chap and all that. Strange times. But no, I can't remember the drummer - at least not that one. There was another group in the 80s that played at the Expo in Brisbane -one of the guys worked for the ABC at some stage - but I don't remember a drummer. I just remember Murray being soooo annoying and patronising.

And thanks, Paul ... Under, under under his mighty wings is indeed the correct rendition of the undies song. He had another one that started something like Spirit Wind speak to me? I always thought it sounded weird - like trying to contact a Shaman or something like that.

I feel for you Paul - I can still recall a couple of years after leaving of experiencing a combination of utter frustration and turmoil in my head mixed with the occasional euphoric rejoicing because I was free of that ridiculous place. And there was the beating myself up because of the wasted years where I could have been doing lots more productive and creative things. Eventually though there was an acceptance of 'that was then, this is now' and things have come good. Not perfect ... There is no such thing this side of heaven! ... And not without the usual hassles of life - they still continue. 😄 And you are right - no one wants to hear because the truth is stranger than any Netflix serial. I did watch the Handmaid's Tale ... Scarey similarities. I went to a counsellor for a while - and one day I told her some of the doctrine and what they believed (she was supposedly a Christian counsellor) and she looked gob smacked and said in a really disparaging 'this is so unreal, I am totally amazed' tone - did you really believe that? I was horrified at her reaction and did not return! However I did find another counsellor who was excellent and very helpful. Experiencing different emotions is normal. It just takes time to settle, regroup then move on - eventually.
Faith Hopegood

Re: How unique is BCF/MCF's brand of cultishness (especially the last 25 Vic Hall years)?

Post by Faith Hopegood »

Drummer might have been Drew Sansness. I remember he was a drummer with an american accent.
Faith Hopegood

Post by Faith Hopegood »

Wendy, you have made a point about going to see counsellors and telling other Christians about BCF. I have experienced the same thing.

You tell people/friends/counsellor about what happened and who did what and how the elders controlled everything in your life (i.e. where you work, when you go on holidays (have to ask permission), where your kids go to school, interfere in your marriage in an ungodly way, the list goes on). When you tell people about the actual happenings and things that were said, the people/counsellor just looks back at you in an almost disbelieving way as though what you are saying can't possibly be real or have happened. Also when you mention things that are taught either from the pulpit, in home groups or even private conversation, "normal" christian people in society just can't comprehend it.
Wendy

Post by Wendy »

Hi Faith
Is it mean to say I'm glad I'm not the only one who had that experience of people picking up their jaws from the floor when you tell them of our previous lifestyle? Was chatting to some friends about it the other day and we can now have a good laugh about it - as we live our lives now doing whatever we want to do ... Within reason, of course!
Drew Sansness - that was the drummer. Thanks for jogging my memory on that one.
Faith Hopegood

Post by Faith Hopegood »

Hi Wendy, no, it is not mean to think that. If anything it helps you heal because you can tell yourself "I am not mad, others have suffered the same horrific treatment at the hands of these misguided men."

We need to keep telling our story because there are still people in the Christian Fellowship groups of churches who are under Vic's cobra like spell. Hundreds have seen the light and have left but yet there are still more who we have to reach out to.
robocop

Post by robocop »

We need to keep telling our story because there are still people in the Christian Fellowship groups of churches who are under Vic's cobra like spell. Hundreds have seen the light and have left but yet there are still more who we have to reach out to.
Thank you Faith for this encouragement, because I also believe that it is very important to "keep telling our stories", until the day this evil place is gone. Just like the survivors of the Holocaust must keep telling their stories, so as to warn future generations, to avoid the horrors they faced.
Thanomere84

Post by Thanomere84 »

Faith Hopegood wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:11 pm Vic would not have even blinked when he backstabbed Graham Harry, Steve Hall, Murray Wylie and David Falk! Just like Hitler, Stalin and Kim Jong Un, disposing of a few possible competitors, or not even competitors. A few public sacrifices were required to keep the plebs toeing the party line. I'll wager that Vic probably spent many nights in his study thinking up ways to get rid of the people who irritated him and probably had a wry smile when it all went down. Just like the wry smile that Vic would have had when Ray Jackson Snr fell from grace.
I can personally confirm, since I witnessed firsthand, Vic 'the Vicious Hall' Hall talking with my parents, with me there as a silent listener, during the aftermath of the fall of Graeme Harry, Stephen Hall and Murray Wylie. In all 3 cases, he never showed even a hint of remorse. In all 3 cases, he made it look like he suffered more than they did when he made the 'painful choice' of dismissing them (painful? HAH!). By the time it came to me to face the cleaver wielded in his brutal hand, he didn't even feign remorse or care anymore - he just tore into me.

After all these years, I can safely say this - when Mr. 'Lampstand Messenger' takes up his axe, he isn't even going to pretend that the wounds he inflicts are in any manner, loving or with the intent to discipline. When he takes up his axe now, I daresay he probably bears a demonic grin of anticipation of the blood that he will shed. For that's what he is - a bloodthirsty brute.