TO HONOUR GLADYS BARLOW

Charity

TO HONOUR GLADYS BARLOW

Post by Charity »

There was a recent request for something to be posted about Gladys Barlow and I found this post written on a previous Streetcar.

By Guestbook dated Aug.5 2016 :-
News to share with the Streetcar community:-
"Gladys is dying with multiple brain tumours. I have no inside information as BCF closes ranks. I thought to post this out of respect for Gladys."

Gladys Barlow has been a brutalized victim within the BCF community for decades. I first knew of her punishment and isolation in about 1995 or 1996. Gladys did nothing to deserve the way she was treated by those heartless, cruel men, and it was all orchestrated by Vic and Lorraine Hall.

This may be an opportunity for the readers of this forum to pay tribute to Gladys (obviously it will never be passed on to her, but we can still honour her here)

"Gladys travelled with her husband to many country areas within Queensland and Victoria. Ian preached, and Gladys was a
tower of strength and wisdom to many people, especially women. She listened to people, understood people's lives and
struggles, and offered practical and compassionate thoughts and suggestions.

Gladys had a lovely sense of humour which disappeared later as the men tore her to pieces. They shamed her, belittled her,
isolated her, denigrated her, and Ian did nothing to protect her from those bullies. Gladys bore all that humiliation and
'vic'timisation, with as much strength and dignity as she could.

The elders at BCF spread lies about her, attacked her and critized her unfairly, and the entire BCF congregation did nothing
to support her, stick up for her or protect her. I include myself in that list (to my shame) and I remained silent in the face of
such cruelty.

Today, I wish to honour Gladys publicly and pay tribute to a Lady of Grace and Courage. Bless you, Gladys. May you find
comfort and peace in these last days on earth. Thank you for all you did for me over many years. You helped me to stand
in my own faith and dignity."

End of Guestbook's post
..................................................................................................................................................................

Beginning of Boundary Rider's Post
12th August 2016.

Re: Gladys Barlow

Sadly, I have to tell you that I received news this morning that Gladys Barlow died yesterday. She will be missed.
eagles

Re: TO HONOUR GLADYS BARLOW

Post by eagles »

Charity, thank you for posting that... I had not seen it as I have been unwell ror some weeks.

You may care to read and share this post of minbe which was made in part to explain what the bcf minions had done to bring down streetcar version 2 using some saved pages from thre form. I posted them to one of my domains at www.streetcar.southaust.net. Feel free to read and share