BCF C’n school teachers & students’ exodus

Lillith

Re: BCF C’n school teachers & students’ exodus

Post by Lillith »

Thanks Faith Hopegood, I appreciated hearing your perspective.
Christian Schools, like schools of any kind, can be a mixed bunch.
We are aware that there are children who have been treated harshly or even been horrifically abused in these institutions, and to you dear folk, go our heartfelt thoughts and prayers for resolution and healing. I apologise in advance if this topic or words trigger or hurt you in any way.
I too have seen the best side in some of these Christian schools, where teachers pray together for the children in their care; and where as you said, Faith, children are guided and inspired not by fear and harshness, but by love and gentleness.
And yes, the dictate would have been out of fear of exposure to “another gospel” (that Is always being alluded to in the CFs). However, if the reference is to Galatians chapter one, then my understanding is that the “other gospel” here, is one which is exclusive of the gentiles and also one requiring believers to keep the letter of the Mosaic Law (…O you foolish Galatians, who has bewitched you?).
Thank Jesus for his inclusive good news in which the law is fulfilled by love of God and neighbour!

Post by guest »

Please, dear CF people, praying that you wake up to the cognitive dissonance and come out from under the spell.
Lilith

I wholeheartedly endorse this appeal by Lilith.

‘Wake up’ and ‘come out from under the spell’ are very interesting phenomena.

Only God by His Spirit working in people’s lives can anyone see the light, wake up and be delivered from evil. Yet, I’m sure God uses us to fulfill His purposes.

What can we do to love those who are trapped and blinded?

Is this forum meeting people’s needs?

Is it an effective tool to challenge heresy?

I know I’m posing many questions but we have an active part to play in this dilemma even if we feel weak and lacking courage.

Any thoughts??????
Dexter

Post by Dexter »

guest wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:25 pm
Only God by His Spirit working in people’s lives can anyone see the light, wake up and be delivered from evil. Yet, I’m sure God uses us to fulfill His purposes.

What can we do to love those who are trapped and blinded?

Is this forum meeting people’s needs?

Is it an effective tool to challenge heresy?

I know I’m posing many questions but we have an active part to play in this dilemma even if we feel weak and lacking courage.

Any thoughts??????
Correct me if my assessment is off, but it seems to me that the BCF culture tends to lull the congregation into passive participation, rather than active participation. Meaning, the elders do all the "heavy lifting" of study and preaching and overseas missionary work while the congregation merely waits on the sidelines, absorbing the "present truth" by osmosis, while serving in the low-stakes ministries of car park attendance, ushering, and hospitality (i.e. preparing food for presbytery-sanctioned events and agape meals).

While it is difficult to rouse oneself from such a spiritually-sedentary lifestyle, I believe it's better, if not critical, to do something rather than nothing.

How many people were stirred when Helen raised the alarm in 2008? I'm sure that took an unimaginable amount of courage.

This forum has been helpful to me, and I try to contribute where and when I can, but I can't help but get impatient at the lack of change in the organisation. Surely every little bit helps though. Let's not grow weary in doing good.
👋 :ugeek:
Dexter

Post by Dexter »

Further to my previous post, I‘d like to add that the most helpful comments on this forum to me have been the personal testimonies.

I try to steer clear of gossip, but even if the stories shared here are completely anonymised they’ve reassured me that my own experience was valid, and that I’m not alone. Although our individual circumstances are unique, many of us share similar life experiences and sometimes that knowledge alone is enough to get me through a ‘bad’ day.
Stargazer

Post by Stargazer »

This is unbelievable!! So what I’m reading is that Vic Hall from Bris XF, is telling his congregation to take their children out of Christian schools and/or cease teaching there? Is that correct? If so, this person is out of control!! Why do the XFs give him so much control and airtime
Lillith

Post by Lillith »

I was told this by an ex CFer, not a current one.
However a current CFer did say that it was passed onto them that children and parents are telling BCFers at Christian schools, that BCF is evil and they should come over to their church.
Never mind that Vic Hall constantly puts down other churches and refers to them as the “Synagogue of Satan” in his teaching.
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

Never mind that Vic Hall constantly puts down other churches and refers to them as the “Synagogue of Satan” in his teaching.

Hoping people will wake up and realize the synagogue of satan actually exists in Samford...
Dexter

Post by Dexter »

Stargazer wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:12 pm Why do the XFs give him so much control and airtime
Somebody once told me, “Don’t feel like you have to hold onto a mistake just because you spent a long time making it.” Or something like that. Basically, aside from the manipulation at play, I think many people have invested so much of their lives into VH and his teaching that they would feel “stupid” for walking away now. They may feel like they have to ride it out.
Stargazer

Post by Stargazer »

It seems that the congregations around Australia, most have been born there decades ago and now raising their own children in there. Plus many original members are well into their 70s. Certainly can’t be bothered making any hard life changing decisions to get out for their own mental health. I don’t see these people ever making a move out of the horrible controlling environments. It’s almost like they’re so used to it that they don’t know any other way. Sad thing is, they are the very thing that they preach against!, They worship idols(VH), unloving, uncaring, arrogant, controlling, mean and nasty!! I hear the current word is that God does not say we love unconditionally! Let’s add that they are blaspheming too!!
Stargazer

Post by Stargazer »

Stargazer wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:28 pm It seems that the congregations around Australia, most have been born there decades ago and now raising their own children in there. Plus many original members are well into their 70s. Certainly can’t be bothered making any hard life changing decisions to get out for their own mental health. I don’t see these people ever making a move out of the horrible controlling environments. It’s almost like they’re so used to it that they don’t know any other way. Sad thing is, they are the very thing that they preach against!, They worship idols(VH), unloving, uncaring, arrogant, controlling, mean and nasty!! I hear the current word is that God does not say we love unconditionally! Let’s add that they are blasphemic too!!