ongoing rejection

Lillith

Re: ongoing rejection

Post by Lillith »

* sowing 😊
Dexter

Post by Dexter »

Lillith wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:31 am This was because teaching at that time was to not engage with anyone on the brink of leaving, or those who’ve left.
This is one of the biggest red flags that should trouble any genuine and devout Christian. Have they not read the parable of the lost sheep?
““What man among you, who has 100 sheep and loses one of them, does not leave the 99 in the open field and go after the lost one until he finds it? When he has found it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders, and coming home, he calls his friends and neighbors together, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, because I have found my lost sheep! ’ I tell you, in the same way, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over 99 righteous people who don’t need repentance.”

Luke‬ ‭15‬:‭4‬-‭7‬ ‭HCSB‬‬ https://bible.com/bible/72/luk.15.4-7.HCSB‭‭
When even one sheep goes astray or gets lost, Jesus says, “Go and get it!” He doesn’t spit the dummy, slander the lost sheep behind its back, then turn the other sheep against it. That’s how you can tell the xCF leadership don’t have the Father’s heart.

Perfect love casts out fear, so if you’re afraid of a “lost sheep”, you may need to reevaluate what kind of “love” you have.
👋 :ugeek:
Bagel

Post by Bagel »

Lillith wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:31 am My heart goes out to Breakfree, Dexter, Helen and others who’re suffering from rejection.
These wounds will never go away.
I am working towards “a healing that is not about getting rid of the pain, but a healing which is the capacity to hold pain” - Gabor Mate.
…………
The Serenity Prayer is helpful in this regard. ☺️
Deep love to all xx
Just to echo Lillith and others in this, our collective hearts ache for those who have suffered the extreme pain of separation from family and friends.

To me, and others, shunning is a cruel and unusual evil, I find it a barbaric and inhumane tool. I am so grateful to no longer associate with an organisation that considers it something that they can hold over me, or others. I also feel sorry for the perpetrators of this practice, it injures them as well. The torturer and the tortured both eventually feel the same pain.

Bagel
Helen Pomery

Post by Helen Pomery »

The torturer and the tortured both eventually feel the same pain.
Bagel
I may have misunderstood what you are expressing here Bagel.

As one who has suffered abuse, I do not believe I feel the same pain as the elders who orchestrated the abuse.

I can share more if you wish but I am writing for clarification.
It’s good to be clear on a forum.

Post by guest »

Shunning, a painful divide,
Leaves hearts wounded, cast aside.
In BCF or any place,
Lonely souls, ache for your embrace.

To those who shun by command,
Pause, reflect, and understand.
Seek in the Bible's sacred word,
Love's true meaning, undeterred.

Ask for the gift of clear vision,
In the book of 1 Corinthians, chapter thirteen.
Love shows patience, kindness, and purity,
Never a means to harm or deceive.

Let compassion be your guide,
In the Lord's love, let it abide.
Shun the act of shunning's pain,
Let love and grace forever reign.
Lillith

Post by Lillith »

❤️❤️❤️
Thanomere84

Post by Thanomere84 »

I still suffer pain from what happened in 2015 to me, and it is pain that will perhaps never truly disappear until Christ returns. I remember how I was taught to hate and despise anyone who left the xCF and xCF-affiliated churches, and how they had fallen to "lawlessness" and how they were "going to the churches of Babylon and the antichrist".

Yes, shunning and rejection are immediate, ruthless and permanent when one takes the step of courage to exit the network of lies and tyranny that is the xCFs. But God will help you to heal - even if you don't heal fully while on this fallen world, a day will come when He will wipe away every tear from your eyes.

To all those who have suffered shunning and rejection, I understand, and you are my fellow sharers in this awful pain. May we help each other to recover from this.

P.S. - sorry for being inactive so long. On October 9th, I welcomed my healthy baby son, Johnson, into this world, and he has been an absolute little ray of sunshine to my life.
Lillith

Post by Lillith »

Oh how lovely for you and your wife Thanomere!
Many thanks for your contributions over the years.
Yes the wounds my very well always be there to some degree, but the Lord does help us to bear them.
Enjoy your dear little Johnson! 😄
Dexter

Post by Dexter »

https://youtu.be/aYLa-4eYllY?si=wcxK0hE-UL6vHBie

Wow. At about 17 minutes John is talking about one of the worst things you can do when you feel or are rejected: isolate yourself. He then goes on to say that wolves aim to separate and isolate sheep from their flocks.

How eye-opening is it then, that groups like BCF forcibly isolate genuine believers out of the fold? What does it say about the leaders?

PS good to hear from you again Thanomere, and congratulations!
👋 :ugeek:
Helen Pomery

Post by Helen Pomery »

Thanomere … Congratulations to you and your wife on the birth of your son.

May he grow up in the nurturing truth of God’s love as expressed in the life of Jesus. Blessings to you all.