Gaslighting: Symptoms and Solutions

Dexter

Gaslighting: Symptoms and Solutions

Post by Dexter »

Good morning Streetcar sojourners,

I have been reflecting this morning on a tendency to defer decision-making to others, or to avoid making decisions altogether, no matter how important or trivial.

I call it decision paralysis (yes, I've heard of analysis paralysis, which sounds cooler because it rhymes, but I find that my mind often gets "paralysed" well before it gets a chance to analyse anything). Maybe it has a proper clinical name but I haven't found it yet.

(On a side note, I think my subconscious has been aware of this tendency a lot longer than my conscious mind, so when I finally put a name to it this morning, my subconscious rejoiced that it no longer had to carry this burden alone.)

As I was looking for answers, I came across the following video. The author talks about "analysis paralysis" and attributes it to gaslighting, which actually makes a lot of sense.

https://youtu.be/WIGAoAiuNO4?si=siAOmpckKAhFFijX

The term "gaslighting" comes up often on this forum so I thought it should have its own topic in the Library, in case people want to find resources to deal with it specifically.

I hope this is helpful.
👋 :ugeek:
Boundary Rider

Re: Gaslighting: Symptoms and Solutions

Post by Boundary Rider »

Good one Dexter!!! ;)
Boundary Rider

Post by Boundary Rider »

On further reflection on Dexter's post on "Gaslighting" and considering the state of the Christian Fellowships under Victor John Hall, perhaps Vic's heresy of the Lampstand Church is powered by gaslighting to the Lampstand???? :oops:

Vic Hall is not God's messenger, just a master gaslighter who serves only himself. ;)
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

Thank you Dexter and Boundary Rider...apologies for my crassness, but the only gas powering sir vic's xcf' lamptand is the foul gas expelled by the one full of it...one Victor John Hall. Pew, it's bad!