A Biblical Perspective of the Events in WACO.

Hope4

Post by Hope4 »

The 1993 siege of the
Branch Davidian compound in Waco, Texas raised important questions about the influence of cults:

As Christians, how do we recognize cults?

How can we guard against false teaching?

The book of Jude discusses
the danger false teachers pose and encourages the Church to walk faithfully in the truth of the Gospel.

Alistair Begg guides us through Jude's short letter, defining what cults are, describing their common characteristics, and explaining how we can confront their influence biblically.

‘Truth For Life’
Alistair Begg

April 25, 1993
ID: 1669 • Sermon

Please listen to this sermon.
Dexter

Re: A Biblical Perspective of the Events in WACO.

Post by Dexter »

👋 :ugeek:
Seeker

Re: A Biblical Perspective of the Events in WACO.

Post by Seeker »

Thank you Hope4 and Dexter. I missed this somehow and look forward to seeing this. My heart breaks for my family caught up in this crap and my heart breaks for all of you here..who have to or have had a place or family involved in the xcf's. Leaving is hard...I have it easier than most, but it's still VERY HARD to speak to those you love in this manner of truth.

Vic and his cronies have done an amazing job creating and crafting an ever changing, ever choking religion. During covid, they made a stupid attempt to clarify that while not being an actual denomination, they were in fact a denomination. I remember thinking; "They are finally speaking some truth!"...only to feel deflated 30 seconds later as the RFI secret Vic speak code took effect. The next 10-15 minutes reminded me of one of my favorite Pink Floyd song's, "Comfortably Numb"........ well, the title anyway....to compare the song to the pure, mind numbing, idiotic word salad Vic conjures up on a daily basis, would be a travesty and injustice to the band.

I'm not sure how to address this next part, but I really need prayer....and I must start praying again. After Peter Hay's 3-4 week lecture on how we are to pray, (this was a while back, after the first few months of covid) .... and how we are not to pray.....I got so mad I just stopped praying as I should. I see all these people who are ignoring the words from Vic and his handpicked little posse, going on and praying as they see fit, still defending their good (evil, thanks Mr Maurice) deeds and actually trying to enjoy helping others, in and out of the fellowship.

Instead of asking if Vic thinks it's ok to bring a certain person dinner, well..some have the unmitigated gall to just do it..just do it, without asking Vic?!!!? Can you believe it? Scary? YES!!! What is this world coming to?

I try to reason with people over the messages being brought...Gee whiz, 30 years in 'this word' and it's still telling people every chance they get how stupid they are to not get the whole headship reformation we introduced 25 years ago....Vic sez; I wrote books, pamphlets, essays, admonitions, letters better than Paul wrote!

I'm sure others here have many more stories of the made up, hold them down doctrine. It's like the oldmovies about mining companies, or the company store....the only place to get what you need to survive, but everyone (as an old singer once said) "Owed my soul to the company store'....