The Insidious Harm of Spiritual Abuse

Dexter

Re: The Insidious Harm of Spiritual Abuse

Post by Dexter »

BreakFree wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:30 pm We can only hope that once Vic passes that CF will [dissolve].
While I wholeheartedly agree with this sentiment I think it is more likely that VH has meticulously drafted a succession plan to keep the Hall ball rolling, although I wouldn't be surprised if it's not a Hall name bearer.

I have an idea of who might play a big role based on something Vic said years ago but we will all have to wait and see.

Truthfully I find it hard to imagine someone filling Vic's boots. Maybe he's setting up an actual "presbytery" after all, to ensure that no individual will ever be able to be the 'top dog' again.
👋 :ugeek:
Dexter

Post by Dexter »

Speaking of the rebellion of Korah, in the 90s or 00s one of Vic's children explicitly warned the Brisbane young people against listening to a Christian band called Sons Of Korah saying, "Why would you want to listen to a band that named themselves after a man who was swallowed up by the earth because of his rebellion?"

Imagine my surprise then when I discovered years later that some of the psalms (in the Bible, to be clear) are actually attributed to the "sons of Korah", including the beloved Psalm 42:

‭‭‭‭Psalms‬ ‭42:1‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
As the deer pants for the water brooks, So pants my soul for You, O God.
https://bible.com/bible/114/psa.42.1.NKJV

See also:

Numbers‬ ‭26:11‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
Nevertheless the children of Korah did not die.
https://bible.com/bible/114/num.26.11.NKJV
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

Just another example from the great re-writer of history.
Dexter

Post by Dexter »

Pertinant wisdom from Derek Prince. Skip to 2:45 for the good stuff:

https://youtu.be/KQuMXoAV_FE?si=dYkHUrFp63ZwyllM

Post by guest »

Has anyone ever heard Vic say he is a sinner saved by the grace of God?

Has anyone ever heard Vic giving glory to Jesus?

Has anyone ever heard Vic slandering other ministries?

Post by guest »

guest wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:10 pm Has anyone ever heard Vic say he is a sinner saved by the grace of God?

Has anyone ever heard Vic giving glory to Jesus?

Has anyone ever heard Vic slandering other ministries?
Hi guest, I think you are highlighting an extremely important point! I’ve heard more than three decades of his teaching, and my answers (in order) would honestly be no, no, and yes (regularly). But everything is a bit ‘slippery’, because if you asked him those questions, his answers would be "yes, yes, and never* (see note 1)".

* note 1: “Except where I was protecting the church from wolves or Babylon or Balaam or …”