Water Baptism at the Christian Fellowship

Spiritual or Earthy?? You be the judge.
Faith Hopegood

Water Baptism at the Christian Fellowship

Post by Faith Hopegood »

Hello Wonderful People.

Quick question. Do any of the Christian Fellowship locations/group still undertake water baptism?

The reason I ask is that in the 5 years leading up to the time when our family stopped attending the CF, we can’t remember them doing any Water Baptisms during that time.

After we left and attended the local Church of Christ for a while, both our sons (probably aged 13 and 15 from memory) expressed a desire to be baptised in water and thus, the local pastor at the Church of Christ obliged. Of course our relatives who were still in the Christian Fellowship, who were invited to attend the family event of the baptism, deliberately decided not to attend and somehow think they were making a statement, which greatly hurt our sons to this very day. They couldn’t understand why grandma deliberately declined to attend along with aunt and cousins etc who were all invited.

I am just wondering if anyone who has recently left the CF (say in the past 5 years) can bring us up to date with the CF doctrine on baptism.

Hope this finds you all well.

In Christ
Faith Hopegood.
Seeker

Re: Water Baptism at the Christian Fellowship

Post by Seeker »

Wow Faith....I can only imagine the hurt your children felt. Breaks my heart, but it's oh so true. While I'm not sure where they stand on baptism these days, (and who knows, it will probably recycle around like everything else does in this false 'fellowship.'

I do recall hearing Dan Burkett (on lampstand before he retired..lol) several years ago saying they were wrong on the whole baptism in the name deal, but never a word after that. I'm sure members don't even know that has changed. Just more of the crazy, present word crap spewed out each week.

Post by guest »

Baptism into ‘The Name’ led to many people calling the CF denomination’Jesus Only’.

I look back with shame that I was re-baptised into ‘The Name’.

It was all a sham.
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

Please don't feel bad guest.... I too, (along with MANY!) let them shame me into being re-baptised. My first baptism 20 years prior to be drawn into the gospel of vic....I just wish others still enraptured with his mish mash of religosity would come to their senses.

Post by guest »

I don't know the answer, but given the pdf by RK posted recently where he talks about the lampstand church, it would not surprise me if they passesd baptism over as being too sacramental and replaced it with a pledge of loyalty to the star messenger.
Lillith

Post by Lillith »

There were still water baptisms at BCF 18 months ago, often of young school aged children, and I would presume this is still the case.
I had always been troubled thru my (extensive) time there, by the re baptism dogma, and thought it no wonder other churches were offended by the exclusivity and superiority expressed by this practice.
Stargazer

Post by Stargazer »

I understand they have gotten rid of communion now. The Agape meal replaced communion. They encourage people to share a chicken leg with others in rememberance to Him
Bagel

Post by Bagel »

guest wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:59 am I don't know the answer, but given the pdf by RK posted recently where he talks about the lampstand church, it would not surprise me if they passesd baptism over as being too sacramental and replaced it with a pledge of loyalty to the star messenger.
Thank you guest, that gave me a wonderful giggle.

Perhaps the upper echelon of presbytery could start wearing semi-military type uniforms, with a sort-of implied rank? And a logo, maybe, ‘Some are saved more than others’. Anything with an Orwellian hint would be appropriate.
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

It seems the number one, most important thing in the xcf's is now the agape meal. The agape meal is not communion, but has surplanted communion. No honor for Christ at all....it's all around talking about the 'amazing word of vic.'

Baptism will come around again (and again, and again...) as everything of vicatholicmethodistadventest so called religion comes around and around again and again.

vic once told me that RJ sr, stole a book from Offiler. I assumed vic then absconded with it after Ray Sr's fall from grace. As many have stated, vic has never had an original thought in his life!

I often ask people if they have done an online search of BCF. It seems 99% of the people I ask have not, and have no desire to read/hear/say anything that puts the xcf's in a negative light. CRAZY!!!!
Bagel

Post by Bagel »

Seeker wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:53 am I often ask people if they have done an online search of BCF. It seems 99% of the people I ask have not, and have no desire to read/hear/say anything that puts the xcf's in a negative light. CRAZY!!!!
I’m guessing that when people are beguiled enough to agree to outsource their own growth, responsibility, spiritual understanding etc to a bunch of old blokes who think they can do magic tricks, you end up with automatons. No need to think, no need to apply sense, no cognitive dissonance.

I actually envy people who can hand their adult responsibilities to someone else, it must be comforting. Sadly I’m burdened with the need to find something a little less infantile/lazy.

Bagel