Where are all the other ‘Lampstand churches’?

Where are all the other ‘Lampstand churches’?

Post by guest »

I was reading the BCF website today and noted the following:
“ In our day, the Lord is restoring the administration of lampstand churches which will overcome the spirit of antichrist in the world. More importantly, however, this administration will accomplish the purpose of God in heaven and on the earth.”

And
“ As such we have strong relational ties with many other congregations in Australia and also congregations of other lampstand churches, internationally.”

It got me thinking, where actually are all these supposed “lampstand churches” that Christ is establishing in this age? I don’t think the churches in the RFI bubble counts.

I asked this question of a presbytery member one time, “are there any other lampstand churches?” And their simple answer was yes, with no elaboration. Helpful!

Keen to hear if anyone has actually heard of other lampstand churches around the world, or whether they really are a fabrication.
Boundary Rider

Re: Where are all the other ‘Lampstand churches’?

Post by Boundary Rider »

My money is on fabrications. ;) :oops: :twisted:

Did a quick Google search on the topic "Lampstand churches across the world"
(See; --- https://www.google.com.au/search?q=Lamp ... s-wiz#ip=1 )
... and the only clear reference to anything like a "Lampstand" church is in China called the Golden Lampstand Church group, which is being progressively shut down by the Central Government.

Vic has never shown any interest in China, focussing only on Malaysia and Indonesia. Even these seem to have fallen off the radar since David Falk was "cashiered" by Vic Hall seven years ago.It becamed clear to Vic that Falk was gathering those congregations together under his own version of the Lampstand Church teaching. Clearly this could not be tolerated as there is only one Aggelos Messenger in these Lampstand churches, and his name is Victor John Hall, shortly to turn 80!!!

Thanomere can give some insights to what has happened to the congregations in South East Asia.

BR
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

VJH has frequently said in his visits to China, he has (had) to be sneaked in. I even heard him say Chinese officials (of what and whom are not known) had a 'hit' on him. It's amazing what comes out of his mouth. I guess he just can't help himself.

Post by guest »

wouldn't be surprised if VJH got snuck in via xcf members who have commercial dealings with that nation. Only conjecture and not true afaik. don't want to elaborate in case there is real threat to members safety. Just saying it wouldn't be a surprise if he went to those lengths.

Post by guest »

Seeker wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:29 am VJH has frequently said in his visits to China, he has (had) to be sneaked in. I even heard him say Chinese officials (of what and whom are not known) had a 'hit' on him. It's amazing what comes out of his mouth. I guess he just can't help himself.
Honestly, I wouldn't read into this too much. It's common to be 'followed' when you're in various parts of China. I don't think Vic regularly visited China much anyway; rather, they had a few leadership groups gather in countries with a common border. And that's a common practice for Christian groups and companies negotiating business related matters.

But while we're on the topic, the Chinese government appears to be putting more pressure on Christian groups. As I understand it, Christians are now only allowed to meet in 'approved' locations and no signage is allowed. So, Christians in China are increasingly being forced to choose between having meetings in locations that are under surveillance or meeting in people's houses, which is becoming increasingly difficult. Please pray for our Christian brothers and sisters in China.
BreakFree

Post by BreakFree »

I read the book the "Heavenly Man" when I was at school. And then also saw him tell his story live in 2010
https://koorong.com/product/the-heavenl ... 1854245977

All I will say on the matter is this. Vic is blowing a lot of hot air. I doubt Vic would have the grit to do even 1% of what Brother Yun did.

One thing I have pondered is the Fact CF has not really grown in size and become a mega church. My thoughts are this: That Vic doesn't want to grow so big that he cannot control the narrative. they are selective about how is invited in because they don't want people who critially think and challenge their message.
I met someone who was initially invited to become an elder to BCF in the 80s. The person asked some questions about mainline theology and the invitation was retracted immediately.