I have heard stories (2nd hand) about some possibly major changes in operational and teaching directions in BCF - possibly handed down to the massed sheeple at the annual BCF youth camp in January 2019.
There are stories of leaders and elders being taken off the tithe and told to go and get paying jobs.
There are other indications that BCF, and a lot of other regional fellowships, are possibly suffering a loss in disillusioned congregation numbers due to previous dodgy teaching and maltreatment of people. Part of this reduction in congregation has also been a revelation to either a group of leaders or the congregation members as a whole, about the scale of money grabbing, corruption and activities of a former star messenger dictator from the Hill Country to the west of Brisbane.
Has anyone else heard of these changes of direction at BCF and regional fellowships?
Of course, there are practical self serving implications and assumptions that we can make in all this.
1. There has been a continued reduction in congregation numbers in the various fellowships.
2. This reduction has a direct impact on monies received by the elders in the form of reduced tithes and giving.
3. The logical result is for Vic to save his own skin (and regular income stream) and "get a special revelation from God" to tell the other elders and leaders they are no longer on the tithe and have to fend for themselves.
4. There is also probably an element of realisation that the general false teachings over the past years are now reaping their reward and people are waking up that they have taken for a ride. This has prompted a response from the high eldership to make some teaching/belief changes - again in order to save their skins.
5. It could be we are seeing a tipping point being reached in some of the smaller regional fellowships through out Australia, where they can no longer afford to actually continue as a congregation and reduced to being a local homegroup and being forced to travel long distance to attend "official CF events". The practical effect of this means that all the tithes from these smaller regional fellowship go directly into Vic's coffers in consolidated revenue and Vic is cutting out the middle man in effect!
I truly doubt that any of the above changes are being made due to guilt or regret in the BCF corporate conscience about having been teaching wrong theology of the years. If there is a true change of heart and the BCF leaders are sorry for their historical wrong teaching, I would hope they are following up the people they have caused trouble to in the past and making apologies and amends for their wicked ways.
My cynical side tells me that Vic, being of a general narcissistic and psychopathic nature, will make some token cosmetic changes in order to impress the sheeple but the main reason for the changes is to ensure survival and maintain control.
We shall see if the leopard can change its spots.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests