The Ezekiel Declaration

Boundary Rider

The Ezekiel Declaration

Post by Boundary Rider »

At the beginning of September a fellow Streetcar rider sent me this link to "The Ezekiel Declaration"
(See: --- https://caldronpool.com/ezekieldeclaration/ )

When I first received it I tried to do a background check on the three names of Pastors claiming to be the authors. I did this because this Declaration has many of the earmarks of Right Wing Christian groups (the Religious right) in America who have been strongly Anti-Vaccination and equally Anti-Mask wearing as a protective measure.

I initially did the background check earlier in September by doing some fact checking: ---
• The website has changed since I first received it, on September 1st and only the names of the three Baptist ministers, all from Queensland are visible, whereas when I first saw it on September 1st the names of several hundred church members were clearly displayed, and even then they covered a wide range of churches, not just Baptists. That number is now claimed to exceed 3K+ Church Leaders and 24.9K+ Members & Attendees. That number of 28,000 +/- signatures is very likely to have expanded not only the Christian affiliations represented , but has very likely expanded the agendas they bring, which, given the Main concern of the Declaration (the effects of Covid-19 management) is very likely to include the Antivax Christian lobby
• I then checked the website associated with the email.....Caldron Pool , and here it is --- https://caldronpool.com/ , and at the bottom of the Declaration is another way of accessing their concerns and agendas
• I further checked it on Wikipedia, with this result ----- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caldron_Pool
• Both of those sites establish for me a link to the Conservative Right in the churches of America, which my gut was registering above
• Further, the wording suggests to me that they are playing on the Prime Minister’s association with Brian Houston and Hillsong to take more notice of it than might otherwise happen to such a Declaration in our country which has clearly separated Church and State by our Constitution

I decided to wait before posting the "Ezekiel Declaration" to see if my suspicions had any merit.

Since then, now at the end of October, I did some further digging, and this is the current picture: ---
Background research on the Ezekiel Declarationn
• All three pastors are from Queensland and are all apparently Baptist pastors.
• All are relatively young and are strongly evangelistic in their approach within the framework of their denomination. None of their website information indicates whether there is a charismatic/Pentecostal character in their church and ministry
• Within three days of the release of the declaration it had been endorsed by the Australian Christian Lobby who lists its Purposes as Anti Abortion movements, Criticism of Islam, and Censorship. From Wikipedia: --- “The Australian Christian Lobby is a conservative Christian advocacy organisation based in Canberra. It is similar to the Christian right lobby groups found in the United States. Wikipedia
• There has been strong pushback against it from The Gospel, Society and Culture Committee (GSC) of the Presbyterian Church of NSW and the ACT (PCNSW) has issued a statement opposing the signing of this petition. The committee, speaking for themselves rather than the whole PCNSW, are concerned that the petition contains untruths. (See: --- https://www.eternitynews.com.au/austral ... ngelicals/

It is somewhat ironic that the Declaration opens with "Watchmen, it's time to speak" as I have been performing such a watchman role on Streetcar since I joined in 2010, and I'm doing it now: ---- Be very careful of this well-intentioned "Ezekiel Declaration" and where it may lead, and who may use it as a platform for the worst of what has come out of America in the name of Christianity in the last four years.
Dexter

Re: The Ezekiel Declaration

Post by Dexter »

Greetings Boundary Rider,

I'm going through some unanswered topics on streetcar and came across this disturbing post.

To cut to the chase, I have pulled a couple of quotes from the Ezekiel Declaration that I believe are relevant to current and former cult members (emphases my own):
Between 1901 and 1905, Abraham Kuyper would hold the office of the Prime Minister of the Netherlands. He evidently understood that a ‘vaccine passport’ would represent a measure that was equal to if not worse than an epidemic itself through the oppressive control over people’s lives.
Third, conscience should never be coerced. The conscience is one of the innermost expressions that animates an individual, and that allows them to worship God as well as obey a legitimate governing authority. The conscience is the immediate contact of God’s presence in a person’s soul, and so an individual forced to act in a way that is objectionable to their conscience will never be at peace, either before God or before the state.
Regardless of any personal opinions about the attributed authors and their affiliations, no matter how valid, I believe it's of far greater significance that they were acting from a sincere desire to set and keep people free from coercion, control, and deprivation of conscience and liberty, and that they provided evidence to support their concerns.

I'm troubled at the notion that a noteworthy cult survivor advocate such as yourself (at least on this forum) would so strongly attack fellow believers who courageously stood against a secular regime that sought to deprive people of their personal liberty under the guise of a so-called health emergency (which - as the declaration reveals - actually turned out to be "the largest global vaccination trial ever", according to health minister Greg Hunt).

Of course I now speak with the benefit of hindsight as it's become clear that many if not most of the claims of vaccine efficacy were either misleading or outright lies. I also realise that I'm about 2 years too late to this party. Nevertheless, now that I've read it, I can't let an attack on people's consciences go unchallenged, even if it's well-intentioned friendly fire, hence my belated comment here.

That all being said, I sincerely hope that everyone here is continuing to break free from coercion and control in all of its forms.

🙏💪
👋 :ugeek:
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

Thank you Boundry Rider and Dexter. I sincerely appreciate what you both (and all others here) bring. I have learned so much and still know very little(!), but it really brings to light what needs to be studied further.
Bagel

Post by Bagel »

Dexter wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:29 am Greetings Boundary Rider,

I'm going through some unanswered topics on streetcar and came across this disturbing post.

Of course I now speak with the benefit of hindsight as it's become clear that many if not most of the claims of vaccine efficacy were either misleading or outright lies. I also realise that I'm about 2 years too late to this party. Nevertheless, now that I've read it, I can't let an attack on people's consciences go unchallenged, even if it's well-intentioned friendly fire, hence my belated comment here.

That all being said, I sincerely hope that everyone here is continuing to break free from coercion and control in all of its forms.

🙏💪
Disturbing post. I think that’s the term used here. I agree. This post is disturbing.

I’m glad that we all feel comfortable to speak freely here. My view is that I’d very much prefer if this forum existed to help people find their way safely out of xCF clutches. I don’t like it to be a platform for anti-vaxxers.

Dexter, you say in some posts that you only know what to think when people tell you what to think.
baptist1611

Post by baptist1611 »

Spot on Dexter. I heartily signed the Ezekiel Declaration two years ago. At the time I was astonished that there were professing Christians opposing it, and instead were defending oppressive government mandates. One of the positives of the "pandemic" was that it exposed the genuineness of the faith of professing Christians and churches. Sadly, when the time of trial came, many were like the seed on the stony ground that "had no root", and would comply with unscriptural government mandates rather than obey God.

There is another document worth looking at called The Frankfurt Declaration . It was drafted by German evangelical pastors in response to their government's targetted oppression of churches. It is more of a doctrinal statement, outlining the Scriptural principles on the role of government, Christian liberty and our duty toward God.

You would also be interested in a documentary called The Essential Church. I don't think it's avaliable in Australia yet.

The concerns about the experimental injection have been vindicated. It has been proven to be not only ineffective but highly dangerous. I'm amazed that there are still people like Bagel swallowing the government, media and pharaceutical propaganda, and defending the indefensible, desperately labelling those with a contrary view with the perjorative "antivaxxers". It shows a remarkable level of inhumanity to callously label people as antivaxxers who took the shot and have been permanently harmed by it, or killed. I wonder would Bagel call Dr Kerryn Phelps an "antivaxxer", who, having been jabbed, was injured by it, along with her lesbian "wife", and now calls for more research into the vaccine and the harm it is causing?

And you're right Dexter that it is altogether ironic that those who profess to be anti-cult are supporting the surrendering of personal liberties, of freedom of conscience, of freedom of movement, and of bodily autonomy to the government. Statism is the ultimate cult.
Dexter

Post by Dexter »

I’m glad that we all feel comfortable to speak freely here. My view is that I’d very much prefer if this forum existed to help people find their way safely out of xCF clutches.
Thanks Bagel, I agree wholeheartedly and am sincerely glad that we can agree on that, if not other things. Please bear in mind that my main point is with regards to coercion and control, not pro- or anti-[whatever] status. The topic could very well be abortion, euthanasia, climate change, or the price of eggs in China, and my point would still stand: I am against coercion, manipulation, deprivation of personal liberties, etc.
Dexter, you say in some posts that you only know what to think when people tell you what to think.
You are partly correct. This has been my story for a long time due to my peculiar upbringing in the RFI archipelago. It's been a long and painful battle to get to a point where I am able to identify, let alone express, my own opinions or thoughts on a matter. Especially difficult is expressing my own thoughts and opinions when I suspect they may not be popular or accepted. I am grateful for your reply as it is helping to reaffirm my newfound confidence and freedom in Christ to speak truth even in the face of persecution. I will take it as a moment of iron sharpening iron. Thank you and bless you 🙏
Dexter

Post by Dexter »

You would also be interested in a documentary called The Essential Church. I don't think it's avaliable in Australia yet.
Thanks for your reply and recommendations Baptist. The documentary sounds interesting. I'll see if I can track it down.
Bagel

Post by Bagel »

baptist1611 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:28 am
The concerns about the experimental injection have been vindicated. It has been proven to be not only ineffective but highly dangerous. I'm amazed that there are still people like Bagel swallowing the government, media and pharaceutical propaganda, and defending the indefensible etc
Greetings baptist1611, I hope you’re well.

I’m wondering if it’s possible to find alternative places for your beliefs? In regards to C19 etc. I’m not understanding how germane it is to the main game here. Our attention maybe should be to assist good people who are needing support post xCF.

There are lots of opportunities in other parts of the interwebs for some of your views, I’m not asking you to change your views per se, just hoping if it’s possible to take them to a more dedicated forum. This forum here is very small, it deals with a very specific subset of people. It would be advantageous if we kept the message clear and the noise to a minimum.

Take care and warm wishes,

Bagel
baptist1611

Post by baptist1611 »

Bagel, you are quite swift to dish out the vitriol, but when anyone calls you out on it, you pull out the "let's all be nice here".

How about this choice remark you made previously:
Bagel wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:06 am Dexter, you say in some posts that you only know what to think when people tell you what to think.
That is snide, vicious, belittling and plain despicable. You owe him an apology.

Then you have the hide to pompously chide others:
Bagel wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:18 am Our attention maybe should be to assist good people who are needing support post xCF.
Perhaps you could take a look in the mirror?

Post by guest »

Please no more of this. I come here for positive, upbuilding content. No more…please…