Bill Johnson and the Bethel Movement

Boundary Rider

Bill Johnson and the Bethel Movement

Post by Boundary Rider »

I’ve been hearing that the Bethel Movement expounded by Bill Johnson from Bethel mega-church in Redding California is having an impact on many young people in Charismatic/Pentecostal churches, especially in the Eastern States of Australia, and is seeping in to the young people of the Christian Fellowships of Restoration Fellowships International (Australia). Hillsong has quickly aligned with this trend, and the AOG Churches are being sucked in to this new web of deceit, as “the best thing since sliced bread” Revivalism. Little do they know that Bill Johnson seceded from the AOG alliance in America to go independent at Redding, and is now part of a widely growing alliance of church groups loosely defined as the New Apostolic Reformation.

Have a look at this video, and see what you think: --- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3tEv26OMTU

Bill Johnson is a smooth operator, but it doesn’t take long to pick up a quick reversal of 60+ years to the days of the impact of Latter Rain teaching, and the use of “Present Truth” to justify the new teachings of their Prophets and Apostles. There are many similarities to Ray Jackson and the early days of Immanuel in Melbourne, and clues that they are heading in the same direction as Vic has done by make seemingly inspired twists of Biblical doctrine to fit the times.

My hunch is that Vic is kicking himself that he hasn’t connected to this new wave of Pentecostalism. If he did try to make that leap of faith it would totally blow apart his insistence in the Lampstand Church heresy and its exclusive clam to be the only “right” gospel of our times.

If you want to seek more information and insight you can try the following links: ---
1. Bill Johnson and the Bethel Movement: ---https://www.google.com.au/search?ei=cfh ... ed=&uact=5
2. 9 Things You Should Know About the Bethel Church Movement....... https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/arti ... -movement/
3. New Apostolic Reformation --- Wikipedia ---- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Apostolic_Reformation

Stay safe and well.
BR
Lillith

Re: Bill Johnson and the Bethel Movement

Post by Lillith »

Thank you for bringing this movement to the attention of Streetcar, BR.
FYI about 10 years ago I looked into Bill Johnson / NAR / Bethel,
because of the many young people leaving the CFs for AOG churches under their influence.
I told Vic about this and he said he’d never heard of Bill J etc, and that he doesn’t keep up with what is going on elsewhere.

I deduced that he very much wants to continue to forge his own path.
Boundary Rider

Post by Boundary Rider »

Thanks Lillith.

"I deduced that he very much wants to continue to forge his own path." I apprecIate your unintentional pun at Vic 's expense. :lol: :lol: :lol: Vic has always been a forger passing off other people's ideas and inspirations as his own.

Every visit to America between 2000 and 2015 was followed by a new prophetic vision from Vic as God's aggelos messenger, easily backtracked to places and people he had visited while"Stateside".

Forgery is one of the many faces and tools of the Great Deceiver who inspires Vic, not God in any aspect of FAther Son and Holy Spirit.

Keep digging, as Vic periodically and systematically erases his past and replaces it with a new version. Pardon my attempt at a pun in reply, but this is Vic's way of being his own Lazarus raised from the dead by Jesus himself.

BR

Post by guest »

Like Lillith, I don't think Vic intends to go the way Bethel has. He would probably thrown them out as apostate.

I might post something about this later when time allows, but it is a subject we need to tread carefully. I know people who attend churches connected to Bethel, and they are true, genuine Christians who are part of the 'One Body' of Christ. It is easy to paint large groups of people with the same brush. Not helpful at all. Mike Winger does a good job because he is specific about the teachings he believes stray from the Bible. But we should note that not everyone agrees with Mike on many theological points either.

So please be careful with this subject and avoid the temptation of just being an armchair/keyboard critic. Be specific, and make sure you're talking about things you know as fact. Many internet reports/blogs/articles are designed to get clicks (and ad revenue), and as such, things can be sensationalised. BR has selected some good links for reference on the subject, but I know, for fact, that there is also a lot of misinformation on this subject too.

Good topic to discuss. Let's just be wise and sensitive in the way we talk about it.

Post by guest »

Boundary Rider wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:58 am Vic periodically and systematically erases his past and replaces it with a new version.
Haha!! Now that's a fact!
Lillith

Post by Lillith »

My original post was to highlight my surprise at Vic confessing he did not know about the NAR and Bill Johnson of Bethel in Redding, and what that said to me about his isolated position.

Thank you guest for your thoughtful encouragement to be careful in what we share. Right on!

When I originally looked into the NAR, I confess I was very judgmental and took on board all the scarey things I was reading.

However, I just recently read a piece by Carrie Lloyd of www.premierchristianity.com in which she addressed the sensationalized stories about Bethel.
Carrie had been on staff for about 10 years and did not come across as gullible.

I was humbled by her article and found myself repenting of my judgemental response. I too have close, supportive, dear truly Christian friends who fellowship in NAR - affiliated churches.
I myself have not gone down that path, nor down the Reformed or Evangelical paths either, as many ex CF ers have.
However I find beautiful love and fellowship with Christ followers across His Body, some of whom are fellow Streetcar members - also precious to me.

It’s such a blessing being free to search out the scriptures for myself; to read and listen to a variety of learned people; to hold beliefs that sit right with my mind and heart; but to not have to be CERTAIN about everything.

My only dogma is God who is Love - as revealed in Jesus.

Post by guest »

Well said Lillith.