Who Do The Christian Fellowship Really Worship?

Spiritual or Earthy?? You be the judge.
Faith Hopegood

Post by Faith Hopegood »

Hello all,
I have been pondering the issue of worshipping and giving glory to God and what actions actually happen in any church service of any particular congregation of denomination.

In most mainstream churches, there is a specific focus on the "worship service" as being a time when the congregation actually worships God together. This may have different forms and flavours but the focus is the same - giving glory to God and thanking God for His Son Jesus as our Saviour.

I wish to compare this focus of worship in mainstream churches with what actually happens in the Christian Fellowship sunday church meeting. I would argue there is plenty of evidence to support the argument that the focus of the Christian Fellowship worship is actually worshipping the star messenger (the leaders and elders) and also worshipping the administration of the lamb - the church leadership and administration. In effect their focus of worship is NOT giving glory to God and His Son Jesus but giving thanks for the various eldership revelations, the present word and specifically "The one administration of the lamb" to quote some words from a BCF worship song. This is supported by the gnostic teachings of the CF and "special revelation" or "special knowledge" that the CF leadership claims to have and this differentiates them from all other mainstream churches and puts the Christian Fellowship at a "level above" every other denomination (thus appealing to pride).

Also, now that the Christian Fellowship groups have removed Communion from their church services, speaks to a further drift from the Gospel.

If you go through all the words of the songs that are sung, you will see there is a very strong focus on administration, star messenger, special word etc and the Salvation offered by Christ is minimised and Giving Glory directly to God is also minimised.

I would also argue that, if the leaders and congregation of the fellowship actually understood and realised the wonderful power of the salvation message in the Gospels, they would not have to resort to "special revelations" as a foundational component of their teachings.

I am happy to be corrected on this but this has been my observation of fellowship worship over many years.
Faith Hopegood

Post by Faith Hopegood »

Dear Readers,
I would again draw your attention to the question of who or what is the focus and energy of the worship of the congregation of the various Christian Fellowship groups. Are they given glory to God alone? Or are they giving glory to a mixture of God, men/leadership and the "administration"?

It is fairly clear to even the most biased observer that the trajectory and object of any Christian Fellowship meeting is not about worshipping Christ and Christ alone. It is not about loving God's greatness and omniscience, it is a polluted worship where man (the star messenger) are also given quasi diety status.

One only has to look at the words and content of the meetings to clearly see that glory is being given to both leaders and administration because leaders (star messengers) and administration make up a great proportion of the content of both pamphlets, tracts, sermons and songs. In fact, to prove my point, the Christian Fellowship openly claim that "when one of us (leaders) is talking to you, it is no different than if God Himself is talking to you".

The Christian Fellowship sect believes the "star messengers" are somehow on a higher rank than other mortal men. If you want proof of this "rank", you only have to look at what happens and what is said to people if they disagree in someway (no matter how minor) with one of the leaders. You will immediately be accused and branded as rebellious and disobedient to God. This can only occur if you believe the star messengers/leaders are somehow at the same level as God and have some sort of papal infallibility.

No, it is clear. The Christian Fellowship leaders and congregation do not worship Christ and Christ alone. There leaders do not humble themselves and admit they are fallen, fallible and sinful men but rather they exalt their leaders and their "method of administration" as the path to salvation - in this case false salvation and false teachings.

If you want to find true salvation and true worship, you will not find it within the CF.

Further, if you want proof of this, you only have to look at the fruit exhibited by the leadership of the CF - this Streetcar forum and its predecessor had hundreds if not thousands of anecdotes and stories testifying to the angry, yelling, intimidating dominating, manipulating, controlling, deceitful fruits of the leaders of the Christian Fellowship flock fleecers. Bad tree with rotten roots produces bad fruit.

My advice is to seek a tree that produces good biblical fruit.