THE SPIRIT OF THE BELIEVER

THE SPIRIT OF THE BELIEVER

Post by guest »

I would encourage you to hear this sermon preached by Rob Nicholls

The Bible Readings are all from Ephesians.

This link will take you to the sermon preached at The Hervey Bay Presbyterian Church this morning: Sunday September 10th, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/live/gAGuwYIt5X ... HtaAByMB9R

* Our identity is in Jesus Christ and it is not found in any denomination, the elders do not dispense it and no headship doctrine or any preaching that does not align with God's Word can minister our salvation.

Please listen to this sermon.
Dexter

Re: THE SPIRIT OF THE BELIEVER

Post by Dexter »

Thanks, that was great. Nice to see a familiar face.
👋 :ugeek:

Post by guest »

Some questions posed ;

Why is my life characterised by fear, defeat and failure?

Who informs you?

Do you allow Satan and condemnation to undermine your identity ?

Do you hold fast to the truth that ‘In Christ, God has blessed you with every spiritual blessing?’
BreakFree

Post by BreakFree »

Dear Guest,
I would like to understand more of what your questions are about. They are very ambiguous and Jargon heavy.

I will only speak from my own journey since leaving CF. The first question "Why is my life characterised by fear, defeat and failure?" We were firstly conditioned to believe that about ourselves, always striving for perfection but never able to reach it. the leaders always changed the goal posts whenever we got close to doing what was asked. Secondly these thought processes are also symptoms of PTSD. I will provide this encouragement You are neither defeated or a failure. You have escaped a cult and are alive, that is no small achievement.

The others I am unsure what you are exactly asking. If its spiritual guidance you are seeking my only advice is to seek out a variety of different perspectives. I had many conversations that when my questions became to hard the response I got was you just have to trust god, but equally also discussions where I was pointed to a whole new world of theological thinkers and writers that had wrestled with the very questions I had. Just have an open mind and see where you end up.

All the best.