Escaping Eden

Escaping Eden

Post by guest »

Escaping Eden

For those who leave the Exclusive Brethren sect, separation comes at great personal cost.
23 August 2023

https://www.newstatesman.com/long-reads ... e-brethren
Bagel

Re: Escaping Eden

Post by Bagel »

Thanks! Great article, well researched.
Dexter

Post by Dexter »

I’m working my way through the article and just came across this quote:
When the Man of God spoke at an assembly, he said, the Holy Spirit was present. His words represented “new light” – fresh revelation of equal weight to scripture.
Same book, different cover.
👋 :ugeek:
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

Absolutely! The similarities between EB and xcf are mind blowing. The Man Of God.....what a joke. I'm surprised that pope Vic has not called him out for a fist fight to prove once and for all, who is the real Man Of God. Maybe sir Vikster could poach the various EB's and have them join with the xcf'rs. I'm sure the thought of all that money is deep in El Popo's heart.
BreakFree

Post by BreakFree »

when I left CF I attended a cult recovery workshop through CIFS. There was a spectrum of cults represented. There was a moment where we went around the room and someone piped up and said that their group was the only true group of believers and they had been following the messiah. Another person jumped in and said that there group was the only special group. We all realised that our groups believed they were the only special ones. We all had a laugh about it but it also highlighted a common characteristic of cults
Faith Hopegood

Post by Faith Hopegood »

Thankyou Breakfree and all the people who contributed above.

Bringing these actions and beliefs to common light is really important for all of us. Both those who have left the Fellowship and also those who are still in the Fellowship but have concerns, questions, are reading this forum, are reading their bibles more than Vic Halls long list of publications and opinions.
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

Thank you Faith. Regarding your last sentence, it's wonderful to hear people in XCF's with concerns and questions are reading their bibles and reading this forum. God bless you who are questioning the word brought by Vic's puppets.

Remember what Paul said in 1Thes; (NLT) "but test everything that is said. Hold on to what is good. Raeading GOD'S WORD in the bible and ignoring the steady stream of books/booklets spewed forth by Vic, Peter & David, (seems everything old is new again) will help us check/prove/test what is true of not true.