CIFS workshop

Who we are and why we are here....
BreakFree

CIFS workshop

Post by BreakFree »

Hello,

I am involved with a cult recovery group Cult Information and Family Support (CIFS).
https://www.cifs.org.au/

When I left Christian Fellowship I attended a weekend workshop which was covered information re cults and coercive control. I found this very valuable to help make sense of my experience.

Over the last 12 months I have been contacted by a number of refugees from CF. in response to this call for help I have been talking with CIFS to see if we can run a workshop specifically for CF survivors. We have a planning meeting this month where we will be able to decide if a CF workshop can be run.

If you are interested in this could you please message me through Streetcar or send me an email: cifs.workshop.bcf@gmail.com. The more interest the greater the chance of running the event.

Regards
BreakFree
Dexter

Re: CIFS workshop

Post by Dexter »

What a great idea, thanks for suggesting this.

If I may make one suggestion, if/when it goes ahead please be discreet with the details here as I don’t want any flying monkeys in attendance (or wicked witches for that matter).
👋 :ugeek:
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

Yes BreakFree, awesome idea.
BreakFree

Post by BreakFree »

I received this as an email today. I couldn't copy the email so just put the information here.

CIFS Weekend workshop'
October 5th 6th
Brisbane QLD annual weekend recovery workshop for former members

Walking Free from Coercive, Cultic and Spiritual Abuse
Saturday 5th and Sunday 6th October 2024

This ‘weekend workshop’ is for ex-group members only. If you have left an abusive group or religion, this weekend is for you! The weekend is non- religious and accepting of all belief systems.

TOPICS DISCUSSED WILL INCLUDE:

A roadmap to recovery-introducing Gillie’s book ‘Walking Free.”

Who are you?

Introjects- beliefs and behaviours that we have swallowed whole without chewing them over (resulting in a cultic instead of authentic identity

Healthy boundary setting ‘Assertive Anger’

The difference between anger and rage

Healthy Self-Love

Understanding Post Traumatic Stress

Grounding

A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY NOT TO BE MISSED! A WEEKEND WITH GILLIE JENKINSON PhD

Gillie Jenkinson, PhD is a psychotherapist accredited in UK. Gillie has studied cults at Masters and PhD level and asked the question of former members 'what helped you recover from an abusive cult experience?'. Her book 'Walking Free from the Trauma of Coercive, Cultic and Spiritual Abuse: A Workbook for Recovery and Growth' published by Routledge in 2023 is based on all her research and years of working with first second and multi-generational former members. Gillie was a member of a cult herself a long time ago. Gillie has worked with former members for more than 25 years and has facilitated many former member recovery groups and is very much looking forward to coming to Brisbane and meeting whoever attends.

Read more about Gillie here: https://www.hopevalleycounselling.com/

HOW TO REGISTER

Email: info@cifs.org.au stating your intention to attend the seminar.

Please include your name, phone, and any other relevant information such as the name of the group you were in and how long since you left etc. We may require a short phone call if you are not known to us to verify your identity and to maintain a safe space for all.
Bagel

Post by Bagel »

Fantastic. This is wonderful. If there are videos or reports from this, it would be great to hear/see.

Please let us know, some of us can’t be there but are there in spirit. Much love.

Bagel