Theological Beatitudes

Lillith

Theological Beatitudes

Post by Lillith »

Blessed are the theologically homeless, for they do not find rest until God is all in all.

Blessed are those theology spills from a pierced heart, for they are the consolation of God to God.

Blessed are those who never confuse their own voice for God’s, for they can be trusted with their neighbour’s care.

Blessed are those who ache to hear God’s beauty and goodness brought to speech, for they shall be filled with the Spirit of truth.

Blessed are those who show mercy to their theological enemies, for their own mistakes are sure to be corrected suddenly.

Blessed are those whose theology is free from pretension, whose theology is not controlled by the fear of death, for they can see God’s suffering for what it is.

Blessed are those who speak of God in ways that heal and do not harm, for they make God look good.

Blessed are those who suffer because of what they will not say of God, those who refuse to use God’s name in vain, for God will be more than all they need.

Chris E W Green
Speakeasy Theology
Boundary Rider

Re: Theological Beatitudes

Post by Boundary Rider »

Good one Lillith

BR

Re: Theological Beatitudes

Post by guest »

Blessed are the theologically homeless, for they do not find rest until God is all in all.
So many of us have left MCF / SCF / BCF and other groups and found ourselves ‘theologically homeless’.

Although we feel lost, vulnerable and confused for quite some time I’m thankful that God doesn’t leave us in this state of confusion.

Many young and older refugees leave and think that God caused their pain and abuse. This is a result of twisted scriptures and false doctrines . It’s what theology does in the hands of those who are not humble servants.

What I’ve learned after years of wandering around is that God wants a relationship with me. He doesn’t want my head filled with theology or doctrines, He wants a heart to heart, honest, pure, transparent relationship of unconditional love.

I’m glad I’ve been theologically homeless. God found me and I found Him in a totally different dimension. Thank God.