Cutting off families

Spiritual or Earthy?? You be the judge.
Stargazer

Re: Cutting off families

Post by Stargazer »

I feel the Lord weep for His people who are trapped inside the CF communities. This very thread is just so heart breaking to read. It’s the exact opposite to what God is wanting His people to do. God Is Love. It’s simple and precise. “Cutting Off Families”, should not be any part of our Christian walk. The church is designed by God to be a “good” culture filled with empathy and compassion. I DO NOT see Vic Hall or his associates around Australia, with any sort of empathy and compassion for His people. I see the opposite of good which is evil.
CF people…do you wrap your arms around the sick, the needy, the oppressed, the hurt? I say NO, you actually cause the hurt and the oppressed. You have taken money, land, houses, families away from your people. Vic Hall, Ray Richard, Tim Maurice, Steve Anderson, and the rest of you cronies…you have NO theological Godly training! You are accountable to NO One… you will be accountable to God… I will pray for you, you will need it!

Re: Cutting off families

Post by guest »

BreakFree wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:01 am To Guest I typed Predestination and Election Gary Hamrick this is what came up
https://youtu.be/ewin8femM9s?si=OcOe2c2MbL6uIqKz
Thanks for the link. My view on election and predestination is very similar to that of Gary, though I would probably explain it from a slightly different angle. But TBH, I think Christians of most persuasions, reformed or otherwise, would disagree with the xCF application of Matthew 12:48-50 and the other parallel passages in the synoptic gospels.

This is also one of those matters where there is a distinct difference between what the xCF presbytery says and what they do. If we were to (I believe rightly) say that the xCF presbytery uses Mt 12:48-50 as an authoritative scripture to justify cutting family members off, I'm quite certain they would deny it. But look at the fruit. What has happened over the decades? Has the xCF presbytery ever acted with humility in these matters? Not to my knowledge, but I could be wrong.

This scripture is simply used as an excuse for selfish, lazy, narcissistic behaviour, the 'silent treatment' as some people call it. The utter cruelty Vic has demonstrated towards members of his own family underpins the culture within the CF leadership group.

One of the hallmarks of a narcissist is to deny 'accusations' the moment they are made. If you're not familiar with the acronym DARVO (Deny, Attack, Reverse, Victimise [themselves] & [make others the] Offender), look it up. It strongly resembles the xCF presbytery's disposition on many matters, especially when it comes to those who've been cut off.

Jesus did not 'cut off' or shun his mother and brothers. The scripture shows us the opposite. I think it's no coincidence that John, right towards the end of his gospel, made it clear that Jesus deeply cared for his mother. Think of the pain and anguish Mary had when she was at the foot of the cross when Jesus was hanging there. While Jesus was alive and hanging on the cross, John records this:
Jn 19:26-27 (NIV) When Jesus saw his mother and the disciple he loved standing nearby, he said to his mother, "Woman, behold, your son!" Then he said to the disciple, "Behold, your mother!" And from that hour the disciple took her to his own home.
Jesus ensured that John, the disciple he loved, would care for his mother. This statement aligns with the message of Matt 12:48-50, which emphasises that Jesus had a broader family of brothers and sisters. Moreover, Jesus was preparing a place for them. Every action of Jesus was driven by his love and care for his brothers and sisters. WE SHOULD DO THE SAME!

It's important to maintain a balanced perspective. Not all individuals who have left the xCF community have been cut off by their families. The experiences vary, with some facing this situation and others not. It's complex, and we should be careful not to stereotype all members of the xCF community. However, the CF leadership group has a lot to answer.