What is happening in the Adelaide Fellowship? (Westlakes Christian Fellowship)

Lillith

Re: What is happening in the Adelaide Fellowship? (Westlakes Christian Fellowship)

Post by Lillith »

Does anyone know what is currently happening in the Adelaide Fellowship?

Re: What is happening in the Adelaide Fellowship? (Westlakes Christian Fellowship)

Post by guest »

Some specific points of faith

The Godhead is the Trinity. He is one Triune God. That is, one distinct and intrinsic Father, one Lord Jesus Christ and one Holy Spirit.
Every person has been individually named by God the Father, with a predestination to be a son of God. Each of us must either receive or decline this predestination. Inheriting it is a life-long process in which we continually receive His word and allow it to change us.
The word of God is living and powerful. By it, we are set free from sin and begin to touch eternal life here and now! We must actively participate in our Christian walk in this life, as this forms our inheritance in the life to come.
Repentance, baptism in water in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the baptism of the Holy Spirit are key foundations to our life in Him.
Life and salvation are found in the context of a community where His word can be heard through one another. We are firmly committed to building and maintaining genuine relationships and our hope and vision is for the unity of the Body of Christ.
The life of the Godhead (Father, Son & Holy Spirit) is characterised by offering, and just as Christ offered Himself for us, so we also are called to lay down our lives for one another. We are committed to learning how to live in this culture of offering.
Stargazer

Post by Stargazer »

The above post I’m assuming is from the current CF word. It all sounds plausible and doctrinally correct, until you read up to the part where it says “Life and salvation are found in the context of a community where His word can be heard through one another”… Now this is where I believe forms their cultish preaching. This sentence is a very subtle way to say that you can only hear the word through the messenger. This is twisted teaching. You do not need a person in between God and yourself to receive His word. All cult leaders have one thing in common, that people need to go through them to receive the Devine word! Not true my dear friends.

Post by guest »

Re Stargazers answer to the Adelaide church's post about their doctrine of members being made perfect in a long process of connection with each other.
This is a problem when each member involves himself/herself in other people's business. They should mind their own business! Plebs need to know 'who to look to' and know who has shown by their own experience
they know ALL things to be able to speak into someone's life. Remember that an older pleb for instance needs to be 'entreated as a father'. This was completely disregarded by BCF and MCF while i was attending. At my age of 40 I was approached by 2 boys aged 14 and 15 who had the bible open and, stopping me in my path, proceeded to read out a scripture to me assuming it was necessary for me to hear what it said. Those boys were used by the Elders to relieve themselves from delivering it. It was both rude and despicable. Not long after that episode I was out of there, for good!
A second point is this:
Another person was rude enough to tell me I was from the line of Ishmael!
i.e. not born from above! Hello?
The Gospel is meant to be understood by ALL...both young and old. John 3:16...Whosoever believes in Him will inherit eternal life... We heard it in Sunday School!
Kids in Sunday school know more than the CFs.
Thirdly:
To BcF/McF/RFI. How does 1 and 2 compute with the plebs and being "complete in Him" or having "freedom or liberty in Christ?" It doesn't compute, it is bringing people under BONDAGE.
And what about THIS scripture they use to justify bringing the Word one on one: DEATH worketh in me but LIFE in you?? What?? More like DEATH in me and as a result DEATH in you!!
No wonder your numbers have diminished! Who would want to work hard all week at their earthly jobs then attend a church that puts people under bondage?
BcF needs to come up with a better way...the pure Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. Forget taking obscure passages from scripture and making
a new doctrine out of it. We're all OVER IT.

Post by guest »

Life and salvation are found in the context of a community where His word can be heard through one another

This is absolutely and utterly wrong!!!

Life and salvation are found in Jesus Christ.
Stargazer

Post by Stargazer »

Can anyone confirm if elders David and Lorraine Hall from Adelaide have been stood down from the leadership team and left?

Post by guest »

WOW! I had not heard that he left, but It looks like he last spoke in December and is no longer listed in their online phone book. To me, that sounds like he is no longer a part of Uncle VIc's House of Horrors. Is that pretty much all of his family (except for his daughter and son in law) are no longer there. I would love to know the real reason he's gone.
Stargazer

Post by Stargazer »

Hi guest! That’s interesting!! So Vic has got rid of his third brother. Wow what a horrible person. He just doesn’t care about family or friends. He’s a war lord. So guest, were you referring to David or Vic only having one daughter and son in law in the cult?

Post by guest »

I’m not sure you can draw the conclusion based on the last time he preached and a phone book record. It would be nice to get confirmation from someone who knows.