Let's Talk About Sects podcast - episode on BCF

BreakFree

Let's Talk About Sects podcast - episode on BCF

Post by BreakFree »

Hello
Been a visitor here for a while, but just joined.
I came across this Australian podcast, an ex CF member was interviewed as part of an in-depth overview of the CF. It refers to this forum, and the other people and investigations too.
You can find it here:
https://www.ltaspod.com/38

There is still scrutiny of CF and the harm it causes families. Hopefully it can lead some people away from CF, and help those who have left.
Boundary Rider

Re: Let's Talk About Sects podcast - episode on BCF

Post by Boundary Rider »

Welcome Break Free,
Glad that you have made contact, and with such a useful podcast, to keep the scrutiny on Vic Hall and BCF.

I do like the thoroughness which the author has used to show the bigger picture of the harm which Vic's Cult has done and continues to do.

Vic turned 79 last Friday (17/2/23), and you can bet your favourite Concordance that he won't be cutting himself off from Superannuation benefits as he has done so severely from those of his henchmen who made the mistake of growing old under his control.

Vic is the CF version of "The Godfather" ---- the Vicfather!

Stay safe and well.

BR
Hope4

Post by Hope4 »

Thank you Simon for speaking up about your experience having been born into this cultic community.

Let us understand that the experience of those who are born and raised in a cult is quite different to those who joined the group later in life.

Those who had some experience of Christianity before joining the fellowship had a previous context of biblical teaching and community albeit imperfect.

This knowledge and identity before the indoctrination of the men is something to be very thankful for.

For the young ones born and raised under this legalistic doctrine it’s a hard journey out. Thank God He continued to show Simon the truth and he found freedom from the tyranny of those abusive elders.

We stand with all the young ones who inherently know something is wrong when men expect total unquestioning obedience.

God created us with a brain and a capacity for objective, searching questioning. A loving father loves it when his children draw close to talk and ask questions. He knows his child is searching for truth and that’s a wonderful joy for any parent.

Parents who have experienced the love of God desire their children to find freedom in their relationship with God. No parent desires slavery, bondage and deception for their little ones.

Thank God He can deliver us from evil and thank God He delivered Simon. God bless you and your family.
Hope4

Post by Hope4 »

Also, a big thank you to Sarah Steele for all the time, effort and research into this program.

It was very clear that she not only knew her subject but had understood the dynamics behind coercive control.

Thanks Sarah.
Hope4

Post by Hope4 »

I’m wondering if others have heard this podcast and could offer some feedback?

Here’s one reaction I received today / an elderly person who listened to the podcast yesterday:

“Hi there. Worked out how to listen to your podcast. I am absolutely gobsmacked at the whole thing. I cannot believe such a process goes on in this century.”