Testimonials and Reviews

Dexter

Testimonials and Reviews

Post by Dexter »

I already posted this as a reply to a topic on the Melbourne board but realised it's probably more appropriate here on the Brisbane board as that's where my experience centres. So here it is again, slightly edited:
As I look back at the last 20 years, I wonder where I'd be if I hadn't taken the advice of charlatans posing as God's elite and exclusive messengers.

And if anyone doubts that they're charlatans, the proof is in the pudding, of my life at least. I made the mistake of trusting men who posed as God, rather than God Himself, and I'm still paying for it. In hindsight I can recognise where the Holy Spirit was convicting me and directing me, but at the time I opted to listen to the so-called messengers instead, because I was more afraid of them than God.

To be fair, I'm sure their advice works for a certain percentage of the population, which is evidenced by the fact that some people still gleefully attend. But for those of us who don't fit the mold, it's game over. If there are any creative or deep-thinking types in the RFI who are reading this, you might identify with what I'm saying.

I held on for dear life and never wanted to relinquish my membership in the exclusive, elite fellowship of the RFI. Unfortunately, for reasons still not entirely clear to me, I was kicked out of one of the RFI churches and treated like a leper. ThAt wAs gReaT fOr tHe sOuL. 🤪

In hindsight, I realise that I got into the most trouble when I showed the most initiative. Eventually, they managed to beat every living trace of initiative out of me, and let me tell you, there is not one single employer I've worked for since who has appreciated my comprehensive lack of initiative. Not one.
Nevertheless, forgetting what lies behind (what lies, indeed!), and reaching forward to the things ahead, I press on towards the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. 🥅🏆
[Philippians 3:13-14, mongrel translation, parentheses my own]
The fear of man brings a snare, But whoever trusts in and puts his confidence in the LORD will be exalted and safe.
[Proverbs 29:25, Amplified Bible]
👋 :ugeek:
Hope4

Re: Testimonials and Reviews

Post by Hope4 »

The following excerpt is from Spurgeon’s devotional from
‘Truth for Life’

May 12th, 2023
Humility, Happiness, Holiness

Special manifestations of Christ exercise a holy influence on the believer’s heart
One effect will be humility.
If a man says, “I have had such-and-such spiritual communications, I am a great man,” he has never had any communion with Jesus at all; for “the LORD regards the lowly, but the haughty he knows from afar.”1 He does not need to come near the haughty to know them and will never give them any visits of love.

Another effect will be happiness; for in God’s presence there are pleasures forevermore.

Holiness will be sure to follow. A man who has no holiness has never had this manifestation. Some men profess a great deal; but we must not believe anyone unless we see that his actions agree with what he says. “Do not be deceived: God is not mocked.”2 He will not bestow His favors upon the wicked, for He will neither cast away a perfect man, nor will He respect an evildoer.

Thus there will be three effects of nearness to Jesus—humility, happiness, and holiness. May God give them to you, Christian!

Psalm 138:6
Galatians 6:7

The reason for posting this is to remind us all what effect is evident to all when we truly meet Christ.
Dexter

Post by Dexter »

Thank you Hope4!

Spurgeon was very helpful to me after leaving the RFI archipelago (not personally, he's been dead for over a century) and he's spot on here.

Nevertheless, as tempting as it is to point out certain specks in certain eyes, especially in this forum 😉, this is actually a very good reminder to check my own eyes for logs.

Thanks again

Post by guest »

I was severely chastised for sharing some of Spurgeons writings with the body. I was told his writings were over 100 years old and his writings no longer had any value since God (VH) and His 'present truth' had moved on.

I was sick to my stomach hearing this.....that was about the time VIcster the trickster announced we should no longer read or study any of the great writers of biblical commentaries. the gist of it was they are all old men and anything they wrote that did not agree with VH's take on things should be ignored. I'm sure he was also afraid people might actually something written several hundred years ago and discover it wasn't actually a 'new VH revelation!

Investing time in reading and studying the bible (and various commentaries) instead of trudging through another of VH's 'new' writings will certainly bring 'illumination' (another stock xcf word) to the reader. Those who have been suffering trying to read, make sense and stay up to speed on VH's false gospel may remember and say; "By golly, I've heard/read this somewhere before, but not certain what book it was in." The minions are doing a fair job of erasing and/or rewriting past history. Whatever put's the trickster higher on his narcissistic perch is what he lives for.......along with more fine dining....more fine expensive wine, more expensive fishing gear....the list goes on and on.

I totally agree with the Spurgeon devotion Hope4 has brought here. How could someone who claims to have met with God be so unloving, unkind, mean spirited, malevolent, misogynistic and conceited....and those are his better parts!

Whenever he opens his mouth, does the love of God come forth, or is it the same old vile "I know more than you, I'm smarter than you and if you know what's best for you, you will sit down, shut up and be happy that you are in the same room with my greatness." More stunning is the fact so many people seem to enjoy getting stung with the verbal darts he so casually and callously throws around. If you happen to be in the same room with this ego driven person, he makes sure there is no doubt who is the grandest tiger in the jungle.
Dexter

Post by Dexter »

What's odd is that one of the elders at the time I was there (not sure if he still is), Bill Barnes, actually encouraged me to read Spurgeon.

Admittedly, I was terrified at the suggestion and figured he must have been trying to entrap me, because I knew that we weren't allowed to read 'outsider' Christian material. Nevertheless, I covertly found some Spurgeon and was surprisingly encouraged by it.

Then reality hit me like a brick and I was filled with resentment because I'd been forbidden from reading this good stuff for so long. It was a rollercoaster of emotions.
Thanomere84

Post by Thanomere84 »

I know very well how they claim that their "present truth" has moved on from the "outdated truths" that they claim have become "incomplete".

This is because in 1998, when I was still a teenage boy 14 years of age, on my first trip to Brisbane and BCF, I remember Vic "the Vicious Hall" Hall spoke to me about Billy Graham. He said Billy Graham was a good servant of the Lord, though he was "a little behind time in the Word".

However, just 7 years later, in 2005, when I met Vic in Australia again, how his tone about Billy Graham had changed! He said Billy Graham was "stuck in the unchanging stubbornness of the Pentecostal revival mindset" and he "would never be able to understand the Word since he was constantly searching for signs and wonders".

Another decade later, when I was booted out, dishonoured, degraded and disgraced by Vic, and of course consequently by his favoured cliques and elites as well, I took to reading the testimonies of Billy Graham. I discovered the life story of a man who served God with all his heart - a man who gave his life to serving God and who walked faithfully in God's ways all of his days since his salvation.

Victor "the Vicious Hall" Hall, let me make it clear to you. You don't hold a candle - AT ALL! - to the blazing sunlight of Billy Graham and his amazing servitude of my precious God. You're not fit to even go near, how much less, to speak of, Billy Graham and where he stands in the ranks of our Lord's favoured servants - for I believe he stands highly indeed. I wonder, when it's your turn to face our Lord... where will you stand, Vic? Huh?
Dexter

Post by Dexter »

Guys, I just had a moment.

Sitting in traffic, my mind started to wander back to my days at BCF, and how they set me up for a lifetime of failure, when suddenly the driver behind me leaned on their horn. Instead of responding with humour or grace, I hurled abuse at them, almost involuntarily.

I immediately wondered what my response would have been had I not been thinking about BCF at all. Does anyone else experience this kind of thing?

Forgetting what lies behind... forgetting what lies behind... forgetting what lies behind... 🙈🙉🙊
Dexter

Post by Dexter »

guest wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:31 am
I'm sure he was also afraid people might actually something written several hundred years ago and discover it wasn't actually a 'new VH revelation!
I can't remember any of the details (book, author, topic, etc) because it was so long ago, but I vaguely recall discovering something like this years ago. At the time, I suffered a moment of cognitive dissonance as I realised that VH's doctrines were not as novel as he claimed them to be. "Surely VH would give credit where it's due!" I thought, naively.
Hope4

Post by Hope4 »

Hi Dexter,

I appreciated your openness about the traffic incident.

I must admit I get cross at ‘trucks’ because they barge their way …at great speed, then get irritated at me because I’m driving too slow.

However, while we are being honest, I have used swear words to describe the cruelty at BCF. I do not often swear but I run out of vocabulary when describing the horrendous abuse within BCF.

I pray God will help me to ‘love’ my enemies and pray for them which He is doing more and more. End of confessions !!!!!
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

I am also guilty of using 'naughty' language on several occasions while discussing/thinking about the abstract way Pope Victor of Samford abuses people who are faithful to keep him and his puppets in fine steed.

Several years ago, I found myself stuck in a room with the one and only gifted, graced, STAR messenger in the right hand of Christ. We somehow got on the subject of fishing. I was telling him about a place that had very good prices on closeout, last year model, overstock....whatever. A good place to get some nice gear 40%-60% off list price. He kind of snorted, looked me in the eye and said; "I have over 150K in my (MY!) tithe of tithe account." I was pretty shocked at that statement...not just the egotistical, puffed up content, but also the egotistical, puffed up way he said it....the tone of his voice was horrific.

I was so shocked, I can not remember the exact words he said after that, but it was basically how he can get the best of the best of whatever he want's, anytime he wants and has no qualms about spending more money than he should.

By the way, I was able to register. Thank you so much!
Last edited by Seeker on Sun May 28, 2023 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.