Testimonials and Reviews

Dexter

Re: Testimonials and Reviews

Post by Dexter »

Hi Hope,

Sorry, I didn't mean to turn this into a confessional 🙊 :lol: Sometimes the reality of a stolen life gets to me and, like you, adjectives fail me.

You're right about loving our enemies. I'm still a work in progress in that regard.

Keep on keeping on.
Last edited by Dexter on Sat May 27, 2023 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
👋 :ugeek:
Dexter

Post by Dexter »

Thanks for your sharing your first-hand experience, Seeker.

It just goes to show that at BCF, what is spoken behind the pulpit does not necessarily reflect what is spoken behind closed doors.

It also breaks my heart to know how much poverty I (and no doubt many others) endured as a direct result of VH's "present truth" about Haggai 1:4 for instance, while he was living sky-high on the proverbial hog. Apparently, it was a time for VH to dwell in his paneled house, while God's house (i.e. we living stones) lay in ruins.
👋 :ugeek:
Boundary Rider

Post by Boundary Rider »

Well put, Dexter.

Could I suggest one of Jesus' observations about the Pharisees which might well rewrite your last sentence as ---
"Apparently, it was a time for VH to dwell in his whited sepulchre full of dead men's bones....." (Matthew 23:27) ? ;)

BR
Faith Hopegood

Post by Faith Hopegood »

I have over 150K in my (MY!) tithe of tithe account.
Pretty stunning stuff. Whilst not in the same leagues as the millions of the greedy tele-evangelists in the USA. The sheer arrogance of that statement in the light of the facts that people in his congregation were paying tithes and driving on bald tires, going without the basic necessities of life in order to make payments to the church. I remember some newly married friends with young kids on the north side, who couldn't even afford fuel for their car to drive to the Sunday night meetings at Chandler.

I have nothing against people saving for their retirement as this is a wise and prudent thing to do. But when it is done via fleecing really poor people and using the leverage of eternal salvation as the tool to get the regular tithe payments just makes me sick to my stomach.

Oh how these wicked greedy men have robbed people and families of their time, lives, resources and marriages.
BreakFree

Post by BreakFree »

reading through all the experiences shared here highlights the gas lighting. Obviously Vic thinks his word is gospel but all his minions think they also are all correct and are often in dispute over who is more right. I remember when the leaders were arguing whether I was 'planted' in Newcastle or Sydney was a very confusing discussion to be stuck in. All 3 leaders were in disagreement. But eventually Tim Maurice pulled rank on the other 2 and they fell into line. But they all said they were right and speaking for God.
As for 'Present Truth' it is actually a play on the scripture found in 1 Timothy (KJV version - take that as you will) which says the truth that is present within you... which is another tatic of creating their own terminology which if you only skim read the original looks close enough that is believable, but, if you actually look at the original is completely different.
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

reading through all the experiences shared here highlights the gas lighting. Obviously Vic thinks his word is gospel but all his minions think they also are all correct and are often in dispute over who is more right.

As for 'Present Truth' it is actually a play on the scripture found in 1 Timothy (KJV version - take that as you will) which says the truth that is present within you... which is another tactic of creating their own terminology which if you only skim read the original looks close enough that is believable, but, if you actually look at the original is completely different.

Yep, the old word switcharoo. Gaslighting in saying everything that is wrong with the church's, but spinning it so everyone else is at fault and wrong...... except the royal decree of Vicster the Trickster...who has no problem addressing how stoopid and retched are those that serve him. Notice, it's never the Tricksters fault....... it's some idiotic minion who went too far and overstepped the boundries of what what was 'laid down to him' as his 'task'...

Quite disconcerting to see a professional con man in action. I'm sure a good brain Dr would see right through the huge pile of offal laid (spewed?) at the feet by GOD Almighty