SALVATION TO THE UTTERMOST

Spiritual or Earthy?? You be the judge.
Helen Pomery

SALVATION TO THE UTTERMOST

Post by Helen Pomery »

Salvation To The Uttermost

“Where he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them."—Hebrews 7:25

He who does not always preach the gospel, ought not to be accounted a true-called minister of God.

Well, then it is salvation I desire to preach to you. We have, in our text, two or three things.

In the first place, we are told who they are who will be saved, "them that come into God by Jesus Christ;"

in the second place we are told the extent of the Saviour's ability to save, "He is able to save to the uttermost;"

and in the third place, we have the reason given why he can save, "seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them."

Excerpt from a sermon preached by:

Charles Haddon Spurgeon June 8, 1856
Scripture: Hebrews 7:25

Where does it mention in the Scriptures that salvation comes through submission to the Lampstand / the Star Messengers / or anyone other than Jesus?
BreakFree

Re: SALVATION TO THE UTTERMOST

Post by BreakFree »

Thank you Helen,
Spurgeon was a kind preacher. I did a walk through of the beatitudes he wrote which was a really good study. He also complied a number of sermons about mental health. Something I found encouragement in was knowing he suffered severe mental health his entire life. Tragedy happened and a number of people dies one night as a young preacher and that stayed with him for the rest of his life. So e preached from a place of having gone through real life difficulties.