The Heresy of the Christian Fellowship and Pope Vic Halls' teachings.

Spiritual or Earthy?? You be the judge.
Dexter

Re: The Heresy of the Christian Fellowship and Pope Vic Halls' teachings.

Post by Dexter »

When I was in the fellowship, I remember being told from the front that what the CF is preaching and teaching is a superior, better, more true word than other churches and I do remember feeling a little conscious thought of being glad and of feeling good in myself that had "the special revealed word", which was better than the rest.
100% can confirm. It was pure elitism and the implication was that you'd be a fool to go anywhere else. Admittedly, it felt very special to be a part of God's 'favorite church'. Even if you didn't buy into the 'elitist propaganda', you'd still be likely to fall for the 'fear campaign', i.e. "if you leave you'll either go insane, or die... or both".

The messaging was consistent across meetings and age groups, from the Sunday communion (not that they call it that anymore) to bible studies and prayer meetings, from seniors to young adults and teens all the way down to the Sonseekers:

"We are special, everyone else is going to hell, don't leave or you'll die."

Add to that the emphasis on unquestioning submission and deferring all personal decisions to an elder's opinion (à la shepherding movement), and you've got all the makings of a psychologist's cash cow.

It would be a different story if the church generally, and the elders specifically, bore good fruit. Any reasonable person can bear reasonable discipline and submission to authority if it bears good fruit (think of a winning football team). But when authority is abused and the net result is anxiety and depression (and worse)... well, I'm preaching to the choir here.
👋 :ugeek:
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

One of the pet xcf's sayings about other (those poor, less fortunate souls) church's that do not have pope vic's teaching: "Well, they are just walking in the light they have."
Faith Hopegood

Post by Faith Hopegood »

Thank you Seek and Dexter for your insights.
I too can confirm that it was common for elders and leaders and even long term senior men with no leader roles to say the things that Dexter has confirmed.

I lost count of the number of times these people said “you will lose your salvation if you leave BCF”, “nothing good happens to people who leave”, “some people who leave go mad in the head”. Yes these comments and attitude are deeply entrenched in the Christian Fellowship culture at all levels.
And I can also confirm this type of culture and sayings are also a strong part of the Exclusive Brethren cult (who are also renown for shunning every family member who leaves).

I had not heard the exact saying “Well, they are just walking in the light they have” but it does not surprise me. When I read Seekers comment, I immediately thought of other leaders around the world who expound this type of saying. You notice that the comment about walking the light has no reference to Christ (although they might that). No, they are referring to the “revealed word”, “Present word” and the “Star Messenger” who brings the light. And in this case it is Vic Hall who they are referring to is the Star Messenger.

This type of mindset is also seen in North Korean people who attribute every success they have to their shining light leader - ie Kim Jong Un. The North Koreans truly believe that KJU provides their light and life and even don’t believe their lying eyes when they obviously see the conditions they live in are so much worse that conditions of the citizens of South Korea.

As the rest of the Christian World celebrates the light of the world coming into our world this Christmas - Jesus Christ. The people at BCF are preparing to shun their own families, even Christian families, and are preparing to have fellowship together filled with self-pride and self-righteousness and legalism.
Faith Hopegood

Post by Faith Hopegood »

Thank you Seek and Dexter for your insights.
I too can confirm that it was common for elders and leaders and even long term senior men with no leader roles to say the things that Dexter has confirmed.

I lost count of the number of times these people said “you will lose your salvation if you leave BCF”, “nothing good happens to people who leave”, “some people who leave go mad in the head”. Yes these comments and attitude are deeply entrenched in the Christian Fellowship culture at all levels.
And I can also confirm this type of culture and sayings are also a strong part of the Exclusive Brethren cult (who are also renown for shunning every family member who leaves).

I had not heard the exact saying “Well, they are just walking in the light they have” but it does not surprise me. When I read Seekers comment, I immediately thought of other leaders around the world who expound this type of saying. You notice that the comment about walking the light has no reference to Christ (although they might that). No, they are referring to the “revealed word”, “Present word” and the “Star Messenger” who brings the light. And in this case it is Vic Hall who they are referring to is the Star Messenger.

This type of mindset is also seen in North Korean people who attribute every success they have to their shining light leader - ie Kim Jong Un. The North Koreans truly believe that KJU provides their light and life and even don’t believe their lying eyes when they obviously see the conditions they live in are so much worse that conditions of the citizens of South Korea.

As the rest of the Christian World celebrates the light of the world coming into our world this Christmas - Jesus Christ. The people at BCF are preparing to shun their own families, even Christian families, and are preparing to have fellowship together filled with self-pride and self-righteousness and legalism. And whats more, the BCF people truly believe they are setting an example and being a shining paragon of virtue that will somehow minister and set an example to those family members and friends and that by doing so, their families and friends will want to come and join them at the Christian Fellowship. Either that or they just plain don’t care or love their non-CF family.
Dexter

Post by Dexter »

Faith Hopegood wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:57 pm Further to the above post, I would encourage all people, both in and out of the Christian Fellowship, to follow and nourish the gifts that God has naturally given you. Pray to God directly and ask Him, your Creator, to show you what you are to do with your God given gifts, where to work and what to study. God will not let you down. He will guide you by His Holy Spirit in both thought and action. Of course your journey will not be smooth and will have trials and tribulations as well as supreme blessings and heavenly support.

It is a biblical principle to strive for excellence in everything you do. Read Proverbs 22:29 "Do you see a man skilful in his work; He will stand before kings; he will not stand before obscure men."

Contrast the biblical instructions with the actions and words of Vic Hall and the Christian Fellowship. God wants you to be happy and satisfied with your life and work whereas Vic Hall and his rank minions would constantly tear you down, cause you to doubt your heavenly calling and put snares, traps, discouragemen, destruction and dispair to your life.

Look to your Heavenly Father for your future, not earthly false teachers.
I'd like to encourage everyone to read and re-read this comment by Faith.

In hindsight, speaking from experience, having spoken with many elders and leaders in various xCF churches, I can assure you that xCF leaders are not fit to offer any counsel or career guidance whatsoever. They are entitled to share their opinion as much as the next bloke, but if I had my time again I wouldn't trust them to tie my shoelaces let alone set the course of my life. I still have a lot of re-navigating to do because of the advice I took from these charlatans.

Faith is right:
Pray to God directly and ask Him, your Creator, to show you what you are to do with your God given gifts, where to work and what to study. God will not let you down. He will guide you by His Holy Spirit in both thought and action.
👋 :ugeek: