A Daily Dose of "Restoring My Soul" poison for Tuesday June 4th 2019

A Critical Analysis of the RFI Devotion Guide
Boundary Rider

A Daily Dose of "Restoring My Soul" poison for Tuesday June 4th 2019

Post by Boundary Rider »

Post for Streetcar.... Wednesday 5th June 2019
Just to bring you up to date with the daily doses of poison being dispensed by that Great Apothecary of spiritual wisdom, Victor John Hall, Swamp dweller of Samford, in “Restoring My Soul”......
Here is what was dispensed on Tuesday June 4th 2019: ---

Tuesday | 4 June 2019

Fellowship in the light
Overseers, elders, deacons and firstfruits brethren, who are a part of a presbytery in the right hand of Christ, are called to care pastorally for Christ’s church. Act 20:28. This is fundamental to walking in the light of the word and having fellowship together. For this reason, the mode of pastoral care in the church must be the fellowship of the Spirit. It cannot be an exercise of the flesh.

Elders and leaders who are spiritual provide pastoral care in a spirit of gentleness, and with discretion. For true shepherds, pastoral care is not an opportunity for the fleshly exercise of power over others. Neither do they derive some form of identity verification as an elder or leader through pastoral care. They understand that they have no right, or capacity, to grant another person absolution from sin.

Moreover, they recognise that spiritual insight regarding the matters that they are discussing with a seeker is not resident in themselves. It is found in the fellowship of one Spirit with the Lord and with the presbytery. Isa 11:2. Jas 3:17 18. In this regard, they also recognise the limits of their pastoral care, as well as the limits of their accountability to address particular matters in the church.

Elders and leaders are able to meet others in the light because they are relating and living in the light themselves. They are not independent of the presbytery, nor are they disconnected from the fellowship of Christ’s offering and sufferings. 1Pe 5:1 4.

When a person comes to talk with an elder, they recognise that the elder is part of a presbytery fellowship. They are coming for fellowship in response to a word that has brought them illumination and conviction by the Holy Spirit. In the light, elders connect hearers to the fellowship of the Father and His Son. 1Jn 1:3. They are connecting hearers to the fellowship of Christ’s offering.

Further Study

Act 20:28
Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood.

Isa 11:2
The Spirit of the LORD shall rest upon Him, the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and might, the Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD.

Jas 3:17-18
But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy. Now the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.

1Pe 5:1-4
The elders who are among you I exhort, I who am a fellow elder and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that will be revealed: Shepherd the flock of God which is among you, serving as overseers, not by compulsion but willingly, not for dishonest gain but eagerly; nor as being lords over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock; and when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that does not fade away.

1Jn 1:3
That which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ.

This is what is being trotted out in association with Vic’s latest Revelation “The Steps of Salvation --- Christ the Great Shepherd .... Part 6”. As always the emphasis is on the “Administration” and the true structure of the Lampstand Church as revealed by the Great Administrator Himself. With it is the unstated but frequently made claim that this is the true church, Christ’s Bride, and all other “churches” of Christianity are wrong. No emphasis that I can see of the nurturing of the faith of the believers, and no mention of the fellowship towards one another in Agape. Only the same tired old emphasis on doing it the elders’ way, which is of course Vic’s way.

The wall to wall hypocrisy of the second paragraph is stunning! What Vic, through his writing stooges David Baker and Peter Hay, is roundly condemning by implication as the practice of “others who are not with us” is stunningly absent in what actually happens in BCF and the CFs though what the elders actually do to the congregation. When you put what really happens in the CFs against the passage from 1 Peter 5; 1-4 that hypocrisy is even more striking.

Who needs Koolaid when you get this daily dose of spiritual poison?
BR
Wendy

Re: A Daily Dose of "Restoring My Soul" poison for Tuesday June 4th 2019

Post by Wendy »

I wouldn’t usually quote Tony Abbott but I think your description, BR, of Victor as the great Apothecary of wisdom should perhaps be the Great Suppository of Wisdom?
And I nearly spat my coffee all over the iPad when I read that the overseers, elders etc are a part of a presbytery ‘in the right hand of Christ’. Really?
I also noted with interest the statement that the elders etc were not able to grant absolution from sin. So Vic has changed his mind again .... I can’t tell you how many times during the visit of Vic and the henchmen during the Great Implosion of 1988-89 we heard the verse in John 20:23 -if you forgive anyone’s sins their sins are forgiven; if you do forgive them, they are not forgiven. Vic gave the impression that this power was in the hands of the elders. People become very compliant when this happens. Lots of queues at the confessional. :shock:

Deadly poison. Designed to kill off the God given right to choose, to think, to imagine .... :(
Paul Kovaks

Post by Paul Kovaks »

They describe that the 'spiritual' elder needs to come in a 'spirit of gentleness, and with discretion'.

I know I and a few others are the ones who have kicked up a huge stink and they need to emphasize to the flock that mistakes have been made in the past. What about helping us harmed ones?

Of course, the whole thing is a joke.

Yes, we all believe it is sensible to come to leaders for thoughts and advice.

The key thing is that the lunatic MCF/BCF elders of 1992 onward thought/think they had/have PRESCRIPTIVE advice ON DEMAND for us as often as they opened their 'eyes' (to see with spiritual sight) and open their (ultimately) treacherous mouths.

And we believed it because we had been brainwashed that this was how God was coming to the church in the last age: it was all about hearing from messengers and sacrificing our opportunities etc.

So those bastard elders experimented with our lives for 25+ years! With no evidence that any of it was godly.

All I know is that God honoured our obedience because we were swindled.

And all along it was the opposite of a 'spirit of gentleness, and with discretion'.

And along with it came horrific partiality from them as they judged us like the covers of books with worse than human eyes (because they were always looking for ways to cross us, not like a normal kind human), comparing us and generating horrible competitiveness and inflicted decades of dying inside on us.
Thanomere84

Post by Thanomere84 »

Again, I come to reinforce Brother Paul Kovaks' views on how destructive the 'elders' were. One of the most evil and cunning things those fiends did was, they were so good at keeping up the charade of being a 'presbytery'. They kept up a well-painted facade of a united and strong body of church leaders, but the truth was, all of them were just megaphones, wired up to a single microphone pointed at the mouth of the Great Panjandrum himself - Vic 'The Vicious Hall' Hall.

And Paul, you're right... it is sensible to come to leaders for thoughts and advice. But under no circumstance should a leader DEMAND that those under him HAVE to come for MANDATORY counselling or guidance. Which is what the xCF leaders did - you had to periodically 'report' to them and go through 'disclosure' of your actions, thoughts and deeds willingly. If you didn't... well, out came that vicious knife called 'Hidden Agenda' or its twin blade, 'Rebellious', and they would slash and cut you with it until you were lying, maimed and bleeding, on the floor.

And yes Paul, they took our lives as experiments, but more than that. Each and every one of us was treated as their personal ego trip. We were expected to give worship not just to the Almighty God, but THEY obviously desired to have their portion in that as well!

Speaking of which, such behaviour seems to be a horribly glaring reminder of the deeds of Hophni and Phinehas, the sons of Eli. Remember what those 2 foul men did? What belonged to God, they wanted in as well. They wanted a share. And they also abused their position as priests and keepers of the place of worship, to do terrible things, all in the presence of God.

All of us have suffered. And that's why we speak. We know that the 'spirit', or as His Foulness Vic would say, the 'Seven Spirits' of the xCFs, are ANYTHING but the 'spirit of gentleness'.
surprisedbyjoy

Post by surprisedbyjoy »

So very clearly a very toxic poison indeed BR. Pastoral care CF style.....ppfffftt!

I much prefer a simple Google type definition on the subject. So much more tangible!
Pastoral care is an ancient model of emotional and spiritual support that can be found in all cultures and traditions. It has been described in our modern context as individual and corporate patience in which trained pastoral carers support people in their pain, loss and anxiety, and their triumphs, joys and victories
To start and lure the reader in with the noble idea of PASTORAL CARE and divert to an all too common conclusion (number one on their hit parade) of PRESBYTERY FELLOWSHIP is definitely 'poisoning the soul'. This latest clap trap of theirs should be submitted to human services, child safety and cult watch for scrutiny! Care is just not that complex. Care means when you don't see or hear from someone close to you (commonly known as neighbour, friend or brother) or who is notably disadvantaged (perhaps a widow or orphan) to give them a call or pay them a visit (something Jesus taught I recall) and see how they are. Maybe offer some form of charity, words of encouragement or acts of physical support. Care is most definitely NOT a bunch of impotent middle aged and older men sitting around once a week in a boys club ordering their egos and gossiping about the broader congregation of hard working, faithful normal people. Then give it the name "Presbytery" and watch everyone tremble and stand in awe......ppppffftttt! I've not yet found anything remotely like the fellowship of Christ Offering there!...….just sayin'!
Faith Hopegood

Post by Faith Hopegood »

I would definitely support the comments and feedback of those above and thank you Boundary Rider for posting the information in the first instance.

I am struck by the absolute rank hypocrisy of the CF statements such as:
Elders and leaders who are spiritual provide pastoral care in a spirit of gentleness, and with discretion. For true shepherds, pastoral care is not an opportunity for the fleshly exercise of power over others.
when, from first hand experience, I and others can testify that the actual actions of the Christian Fellowship Elders are nearly exactly the opposite of what Vic is writing here.

Our experience is the "pastoral care" is not really care but rather manipulation and concealed abuse and mind games. Quite often was not much gentleness - but the opposite - yelling and anger. As far as discretion goes - this was virtually non-existent in reality because all "counselling services" were eventually reported up the chain of command. The whole and sole objective was exercising and increasing control over people.
Watcher

Post by Watcher »

Blood nearly boiling again. I thought I was getting over the Hall of Mirors. Life has it's knocks but I know the lie personally from the "pastoral care" of the xCF elders first hand. Co-dependent, doing what VJH wants, earning or not losing whatever browny points that the 'elder' has.
A "spirit of gentleness, and with discretion" can only be applied to the xCF leadership with the use of a negation.
Pack of wolves more like it.
It would be a list running into hundreds just in leaders who have experienced the left boot of fellowship from the Poison Pontiff.

We know Victor to be very much a literalist in his approach to bible teaching. But, that very approach also shows the liar that he is. He has two eyes and hands. Seeing that "all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God", Victor should have taken our an eye and cut off a hand: no. Well, not living a literalist life. Called hypocrisy.

Read, look and know.

All the best to all of those who are ex-xCF and those intent on leaving.
Watcher
Last edited by Watcher on Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Kovaks

Post by Paul Kovaks »

Hi watcher. I couldn't agree more.
Have you told us your testimony of XCF anywhere here?
Watcher

Post by Watcher »

On the old board Paul.